toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why October Should Be Your Favorite Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

October is finally here! The leaves are changing colors and the air is getting a little chillier. While September has the mix of summer days and cooler nights, October is where the highlight of fall is. There’s so much you can finally do this month. So, here’s why October should be your favorite month of the year.   

You can finally wear that cute jacket or scarf you’ve been dying to wear.

Go ahead and show it off, girl! Now that it’s a little cooler outside, you won’t have to worry about sweating so much while wearing your favorite jacket or scarf. You can be cozy and cute in it all day.

Pumpkin. Spice. Everywhere.

October is when your pumpkin spice high is at it’s peek. Pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin spice scented candles, and pumpkin spice creamer. Everything you see and hear is pumpkin spice!

Apple Cider is bae.

Speaking of flavored drinks, October is not complete without having apple cider at your disposal. It doesn’t matter if you have to grab some from your dining hall or hand make it from actual apples. One sip of apple cider is all you need to get your day going. Don’t forget to get an apple cider donut to go along with it!

All those days off from school will refresh you.

Depending on what school you attend, many schools will recognize Rosh Hashana, Columbus Day, and/or Yom Kippur as a holiday. It’s a great time to go home for the weekend, travel , or stay in bed all day.  

Halloween!

October is just not October without Halloween. Whether you celebrate Halloween by heading out to a party in your best costume or staying in to watch scary movies (or not so scary movies) with your friends, you just can’t say no to this holiday. Still don’t like Halloween? I have one word that may convince you: CANDY!

Hockey season is here!

That’s right! The Men’s Ice Hockey season at SUNY Oswego is just days away. Whether it’s your first game or you’ve gone to every game since your freshman year, October is THE official start of ice hockey season. While the big Whiteout game against Plattsburgh isn’t until February this season, the first game of the year is October 22nd against the CCHL All-Graduate Team. Let’s go, Lakers!  

October has so much to offer so go out and enjoy the month!

Hello! My name is Ilyssa Weiner. I am currently a senior at SUNY Oswego with a major in Broadcasting and Mass Communication and a minor in Political Science. I live in the Catskills region of New York, just a little more than 2 hours away from NYC. When I'm not writing, I enjoy playing piano and singing, shopping, working out, and watching Netflix (or some sort of combination of the last two). I also love Chinese food, orca whales, dogs, chai tea, and music. My goal after graduation is to become either a digital content producer, become a writer for an online editorial or electronic news source, or work in any sort of television or radio production environment.
I'm known as kind of being a hippy who loves to meditate, do yoga, and listen to music. I'm always up for an adventure and am interested in living creatively, working for a bigger purpose, and continuing my adventures around the world!