toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Waiting for Fall Like…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

It’s September which means any basic girl is screaming, “PUMPKIN SPICE!” Cute sweaters are stocked on the shelves and new boots are waiting to be tried on. But, when will the temperature drop and when will the leaves turn a crispy orange so that I can wear my new scarf? Technically it’s fall, but I’m not feeling the fall weather vibes yet. Here’s how I’m feeling about it.

Walmart has their Halloween section out, but it’s 80 degrees and their stuff is already on clearance.

I can go outside without a jacket. In fact, it’s so hot I could go out naked.Coffee shops and restaurants are serving pumpkin flavored coffees, lattes and teas. I don’t know about you, but I am willing to sweat harder if it means trying to celebrate fall.

We’re ready to hit the pumpkin patches but by the time we get there, this Indian summer has probably rotted them. Like excuse me. Where am I supposed to carve Harry Styles’ face?

You already have your Halloween costume planned, but your friends are taking advantage of clearance bathing suits and last minute rays.

You just want to be basic and coo over falling leaves and wear a blanket like a cape with a breeze in your hair, but it just doesn’t seem to be happening.

Maybe if we buy enough pumpkin flavored things fall will finally come???

Creative Writing Major // Global & International Studies Minor at SUNY Oswego
I'm known as kind of being a hippy who loves to meditate, do yoga, and listen to music. I'm always up for an adventure and am interested in living creatively, working for a bigger purpose, and continuing my adventures around the world!