Three Makeup Brands You Need To Try ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

We all know being a college student is hard. We’re constantly rushing to go to class, work, club meetings, and events during the week. There’s just no time to put on makeup in the mornings. However, these new cosmetic companies have made applying makeup so much easier, giving us exactly what we need: easy and natural make up routines for crazy those mornings.

1. Nudestix

Slogan – “Go nude, but better.”

Nudestix was created by two teeangers Ally and Taylor Frankel, whose mother has been a chemical engineer for makeup companies like MAC. Growing up surrounded by makeup influenced them to create their own makeup by going for a completely natural and comfortable look for every girl who doesn’t want to go out in the world not feeling like themselves. The makeup crayons lets you easily apply make up with your fingertips. No need for brushes!

2. Milk Makeup

Slogan – “High concept, low maintenance.”

Milk Makeup’s new easy to use products were made for girls on the go and built for self expression! Even the packaging of the products make it completely low maintenance. Molding the products into sticks make it easy to apply by just blending everything easily with your fingers. “Inspired by our culture, created for our community” is the company’s mantra.

3. Glossier

Slogan – “More skin, less makeup.”

Created by founder of “Into the Gloss”, Emily Weiss carefully crafted a new skin care/make up line targeted for women who want to put on makeup but keep a natural look. The “skin first, makeup second” trend has helped catch the attention of many people who do not want to use too much make up by keeping everything simple. Glossier has even packaged their items by two phases. Phase one consists of a cleanser, a moisturizer, a toner and a skin tint. Phase two comes with lipstick, concealer, and a tinted brow gel. Overall, the makeup is practical and gives the idea of “beauty in real life.” One’s natural glow and radiance will shine through each and every day.

My name is Yaritza Sencion and I am sophomore in SUNY Oswego majoring in Cinema and Screens Studies and Theatre with a minor in Arts management. I enjoy writing film reviews and film news but I like to concentrate on Hollywoods lack of women and diversity within the industry.
Katie Short

Oswego '18

Katie is a recent graduate of SUNY Oswego, where she double-majored in Creative Writing and Political Science and a minor in Journalism. She was the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oswego as well as a Chapter Advisor. Katie hopes to get a job in writing, editing or social media.