This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Steph Hotaling is a sophomore goalie on the women’s soccer team.  She has been playing since she was four, after her parents signed her up for the sport.

“I think the thrill of the game, the connection it gives you with everyone, and the person it makes you become are some of the reasons I stayed with it all these years,” says Steph.  “And when I was little I wanted to play in a World Cup Soccer game, that was my main reason.”

Since she’s from Fulton, Steph isn’t too far from home, meaning she can see her two puppies whenever she wants! That’s one of the reasons she chose Oswego, along with people telling her it was a great school and the fact she could play soccer here. Steph decided to continue with soccer in college because playing the game was such a big part of her life and she couldn’t imagine not playing. She also thought it was cool to say that she did sports past high school, which is something not many people can claim.

“I love playing on the team here. We are a family, and the bonds you build with the girls you see everyday are a lot stronger than anything you can really think of.”

“I think my favorite thing about soccer is the feeling you get after you have a great game, you’ve done what you’ve needed to do, and you come away with the win.”

For next season, Steph’s goals are to improve individually, as well as to possibly win the SUNYACs (the conference the women’s soccer team is in).

Although she is not currently in any clubs, Steph hopes to join the public justice club, to go along with her public justice major. She would also like to try to get involved in softball again, either on the varsity or club team.

I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.
Kaitlin Provost graduated from SUNY Oswego, majoring in journalism with a learning agreement in photography. She grew up in five different towns all over the Northeast, eventually settling and graduating from high school in Hudson, Massachusetts. Kait now lives in the blustery town of Oswego, New York, where she can frequently be found running around like a madwoman, avoiding snow drifts taller than her head (which, incidentally, is not very tall). She has worked for her campus newspaper, The Oswegonian, as the Assistant News Editor, and is also the President of the Oswego chapter of Ed2010, a national organization which helps students break into the magazine industry. She hopes to one day work for National Geographic and travel the world.