This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

What’s the best way to spend a Saturday afternoon? Studying? Working out? Some other third thing? How about busting out your best slam poetry? That’s what poets and fanatics did for the 2nd annual Speak Up and Slam! poetry competition last Saturday. The event, hosted by the Great Lake Review Literary Magazine, featured students from all ages and majors that composed and performed their best in a battle of enjambment and rhyme. Pictured in her performance, Ryann Crofoot, took home 1st place with her poem “To My Future Husband”, which will be featured in the magazine this spring.

I am currently I senior here at our fair SUNY Oswego! While I enjoy writing for Her Campus, I also participate as the managerial editor for the Great Lake Review, as a student manager(called a group leader) at the Mackin Dining Complex, and as a community service member for the Women's Honor Society, VEGA. My future is a bit of a mystery even to me, but I believe that I'll either pursue the life of a librarian or the life of a baker!