This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

After fifteen years, one of the biggest and best country stars of all time, Shania Twain, is back! Twain was coined one the the best-selling female artists in history back in 2002, and she is back to reclaim her title. In the fifteen years Shania took off from producing an album, she held two residencies in Vegas, completed two world tours, won a Grammy and still remained  on top of the charts with her 2002 hit album, “Up!”Entertainment Weekly caught up with Twain recently where she explained, “I’m so overdue…I feel like I just need to keep making albums now!”

Twain explained that her new album, “Now”, draws upon years of stored-up musical ideas. She said she was always taking the “rainy-day opportunity” to work on new sounds, so by the time she was back in the studio, she had plenty of ideas.Twain released her most recent single, “Life’s About to Get Good”, this past June. The hit quickly became a summer jam and announced that Shania is back and, clearly, better than ever.

Shania’s album “Now” climbed to Billboard’s 200 Albums chart, and a few weeks ago, was sitting at the No. 1 spot. With over 137,000 album purchases within the its first week, 134,000 of those were in traditional album sales – the third largest sales week for a new country album in 2017, and the largest for a female artist in nearly two years.

So fellow musical artists better watch out. Shania Twain is back and better than ever , and we cannot wait to watch her rise “Up!” again.

Hello, I'm Kaitlin. I am a Marketing major with a double major in Public Relations at SUNY Oswego. I have an incredibly strong love for the fashion industry, and hope to obtain a career involving that passion once I graduate in 2018. I have been a member of Her Campus for two years now and am extremely excited to be a Chapter Advisor! I'm a self proclaimed Christmas enthusiast, an avid lover of rainy days, and fun fact: I co-own an international pop-culture blog! 
Katie Short

Oswego '18

Katie is a recent graduate of SUNY Oswego, where she double-majored in Creative Writing and Political Science and a minor in Journalism. She was the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oswego as well as a Chapter Advisor. Katie hopes to get a job in writing, editing or social media.