This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Ever need advising? Look no further than junior Rachel Reid, peer advisor, member of KDP and the Education Club.

Rachel likes being involved with these activities because she likes to help out in the community. New students are lucky Rachel is at Oswego because she also likes helping them become familiar with everything around campus.

Since Rachel is a Spanish adolescence education major, it was a no-brainer to join clubs related to what she wants to do after college.

“I wanted more experience working with and helping students in local schools,” she says.

The Rome, NY, native also has a special case with peer advising. She only has three students, which is less than usual. This makes reaching the required hours harder, but that means each individual student gets to spend more time with her and have an easier transition to college.

“I wanted to be a peer advisor for leadership experience,” Rachel says. “But I also wanted to provide friendship and guidance to incoming students so their adjustment would be easier.”

When she’s not busy helping her advisees figure out the ups and downs of college or spending time at club meetings, Rachel likes run, hang out with friends, go out to dinner, watch movies and most importantly, relax!

I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.
Kaitlin Provost graduated from SUNY Oswego, majoring in journalism with a learning agreement in photography. She grew up in five different towns all over the Northeast, eventually settling and graduating from high school in Hudson, Massachusetts. Kait now lives in the blustery town of Oswego, New York, where she can frequently be found running around like a madwoman, avoiding snow drifts taller than her head (which, incidentally, is not very tall). She has worked for her campus newspaper, The Oswegonian, as the Assistant News Editor, and is also the President of the Oswego chapter of Ed2010, a national organization which helps students break into the magazine industry. She hopes to one day work for National Geographic and travel the world.