Oswego’s Crazy Weather: Strut Through It All

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

As we all know, Oswego is known for its robust winds. But who would have thought that we were going to be blown away so soon. As warm days continue to drift away and the cold air flows its way in, it gets harder to figure out what to wear. It’s not hot enough to wear a skater skirt but it’s not overwhelmingy nippy enough to yank out the UGG boots and bubble jackets. So what do you wear? How do you look fashionable but stay warm?

During the first week of school, it was vital that you took on the campus on as if it was your runway, but now we have to make sure our feet can stay on the ground while we strut. SO … MUCH …WIND … Therefore, it’s time to switch it up! Ditch the daisy dukes and the spaghetti straps! Instead, throw on a enjoyable pair of high waist jeans with a long sleeve shirt and a delightful kimono. Not your cup of tea? How about some leggings with a cute sweater that falls off the shoulder with some adorable skippies and a bouncy light scarf to wrap around? Think of the movie Grease and the 50’s! Cute, cheerful, stylish and in this case, warm! Key point …warm!

As most people say, history repeats its self, and so does fashion. So why not? Don’t let the wind scare you away from the cute stuff! Embrace the wind and use it to your advantage! Be flowy, be creative and I can’t stress this enough … Be you!