A New You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

The beginning of the school year is the perfect time to start over. Maybe last semester didn’t go so well for you: bad grades, a break up. All of that is in the past. Why bother worrying over something you can’t change?

This is a great time to focus on getting better grades. It is technically the reason why we’re all in college. Tests, quizzes and papers will be coming up soon. Take some time to study and don’t write a paper the day before it’s due (professors can tell).

Try to make new friends. Sit next to someone new in your class. It makes the time go by faster and you’ll have someone to study with and ask for help.

Saying you’ll go to the gym tomorrow never works; you’ll just keep putting it off. Set some time aside to go for a run or stop by the gym. With a crazy class/work schedule, it may be hard, but you’ll be happy after you go.

Don’t forget to go out and try something new. You might not get the results you wanted, but you’ll be happy to have taken the risk. There are plenty of places to eat in Oswego and places to go shopping.

No matter what you end up doing this year, remember to have a good time and do what’s best for you.

I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.