This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Name: Mike Lord
Age: 22
Hometown: Stony Point, N.Y.
Expected Graduation: 2014
Relationship Status: Taken 

Major/minor and why: Broadcasting major and audio minor. I want to become a recording engineer.

Describe yourself in three words: Honest, hardworking, flannel

Describe your perfect date:
I dress in an awesome shirt and tie, picking her up at 6 to go to dinner in the city. After eating, we would walk to nowhere making our own adventure for the night.

Who are your role models?
My parents. My dad is a musician, and that’s what I aspire to be and he’s made it through his whole life doing what he loves and my mom never gives up, she always puts other peoples interests before hers. Also, Evan Weiss because he produces his own music, playing each instrument individually himself and Nick Reinhart and Mike Kinsella, they write music that they like – not caring about being famous.

What do you have planned for the future?
I plan to apply to some music studios in NYC, but for now I’m going to continue to work as the sound designer and front of house engineer for the Red House in Syracuse.

What is your biggest fear?
Falling into obscurity.

What has been the most memorable event in your life?
My first live show in a band when I was in high school. When it’s a venue where random people pay money to hear you just because, it’s pretty awesome.

I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.