This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Name: Maxwell Edick

Age: 20 years old

Hometown: Poughkeepsie, N.Y.

Birthday: June 22

Major: Geology

Minor: Zoology

Relationship status: Single

Year: Junior

So I want you to try and describe yourself in one word:

I hate this thing *laughs*.  One word, let’s see… Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

So … what’s your favorite part about Oswego so far?

The weather.  I love the snow.

Is that sarcasm?

No, I actually do like the snow and the wind and fighting the elements!  It’s so much fun to do that.

What’s your best memory of Oswego so far?

The great people I’ve met.

Do you have any goals for the future? What are you planning on doing? I want to become a paleontologist one day; to study dinosaurs and the fossils.  That’s my goal.

How are you involved on campus?

I am the coach of the fencing club.  I am involved in Vocal Effect [as a performer].  I work at the dining hall, Mackin.  And I have a social life.

What are your interests?

Uh… too many to count.  There’s reading, I love books in general.  Just talking to people. Let’s see…  All the things I’m involved in, of course.  Geology, um…  Football! I like football. Sappy movies and love songs too.

Do you have a favorite TV Show?

I just finished Over the Garden Wall and right now that’s my favorite show.

Do you have a favorite musician:

I have a couple favorites.  There’s Josh Groban, there’s Fun, there’s the Dubliners, and the Pogues.  I like a lot of different kinds of music.

Do you have a favorite type of book?

Fantasy, mostly, like Harry Potter and Hunger Games.  That kind of story.

What do you look for in a person?

Actually the first thing is personality.  Good face.  Someone I can talk to easily and trust. And someone who’s fun to be around.

Are there any deal breakers for these people?

Probably but I can’t think of any at the moment!

I am currently I senior here at our fair SUNY Oswego! While I enjoy writing for Her Campus, I also participate as the managerial editor for the Great Lake Review, as a student manager(called a group leader) at the Mackin Dining Complex, and as a community service member for the Women's Honor Society, VEGA. My future is a bit of a mystery even to me, but I believe that I'll either pursue the life of a librarian or the life of a baker!