This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Name: Mark Candelario

Age: 20

Major: Geology

Height: 6’8

Birth-place: Manhattan, N.Y.

Relationship Status: Single

What made you choose Oswego?

“I wanted to be far from home but still in-state, so Oswego was perfect. I also got recruited for Basketball.”

How much do you practice?

“I practice six days a week, four weeks a month for six months and the season doesn’t end until late February to early March, so by that time there’s only a little bit over a month left of school.”

Wow, that’s a lot of training and practice; do you have free time to have a social life?

“You have no idea! I usually go out only on Saturdays mostly, and only on special occasions will I go out on Fridays, but most of the time I hang out with my friends in my house or just do homework and study.”

Do you like living off campus?

“I like living off-campus five times better.  I have my own room and no one disturbs me.  I live kind of far from campus but it’s not an issue.  Only thing is I miss the dining hall because of the convenience.”

If you can be a part of something you aren’t in right now, what would it be?

“I would like to be more involved with campus organizations such as the Geology Club because it builds your resume for your profession.”