Losing Weight: Earning that Easter Candy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Remember how I mentioned using Lent as a great incentive for working out and ditching the excess calories? Guess what, now it’s almost done!

This Sunday you can finally have everything you gave up. (It’s okay if you’ve been bad every now and then.) Some years I can commit myself fully and avoid my “sacrifice,” but other times, like this one, I cheat every now and again. Don’t be too ashamed, ladies!

As long as you didn’t gorge yourself (I admit I did three times), then there is nothing to worry about! We’re all human. But did you know that when you go without something for days at a time, or have it way less than normal, you tend to not want it anymore? That has happened to me in the past and I know it can happen again. Studies have proven it.

I also made sure to weigh-in this week: 147 pounds! I suggest to keep up the workouts and eat as healthy as you can. When Sunday rolls around, take it as a day well-earned. I know that day I am not going to work out, I am not going to be worried about every little calorie I eat, and I am going to enjoy some Easter candy!

Remember, this is a holiday, and you have earned a treat. Just remember to not eat your weight in candy and you will be just fine.

Samantha Shelton is a senior at SUNY Oswego with a dual major in journalism and creative writing. Hailing from a super small town that doesn't even have a stop light, Samantha enjoys soccer, spinning and trying any flavor of frozen yogurt imaginable! She has been the Managing Editor of her student newspaper, The Oswegonian, and completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program in 2010 at FITNESS magazine. Samantha recently launched Ed2010 at Oswego State, a national networking organization that helps students break into the magazine industry. These days, (when she’s not running from class to class) you can find Samantha at the campus fitness centers, where she works as the PR student manager and a personal trainer; working with Colleges Against Cancer to help find a cure; or in a comfy cafe chair reading her latest pile of magazines.