Kelly Prucker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Major: Adolescent Education and English
Hometown: Liverpool, N.Y.
Relationship Status: Taken

What made you decide to go to Oswego?
There were several reasons why I chose to go to Oswego, mostly because it is a state school, so tuition is significantly cheaper and it’s not that far away from my hometown. Also, I heard a lot of good things about Oswego from friends that have attended here.

What is your favorite part about Oswego?
Making new friends and connections in classes.

What will you miss most about Oswego?
As nerdy as it sounds, I will miss the English department and taking classes with all of my favorite professors. They have not only helped to improve my writing, but their classes are interesting and have helped shape me into the person I am today.

What is your favorite tv show?
I can’t help myself, I love Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

Favorite food?
Veggie Quesadillas.

Who is your celebrity crush?
It’s a tie between Bruno Mars and Chris Hemsworth! I just can’t decide.

What is your favorite thing about your boyfriend?
He is very thoughtful and always goes out of his way to do something that will make my day brighter.

What do you plan on doing after college?
It’s probably not a good idea at this point to say I don’t know…but I really don’t! I would like to teach English literature, but I am not sure if I will pursue teaching in a high school setting.

What was the best advice you’ve received?
My oldest brother is an entrepreneur and he always tells me, “Never let them see you sweat and fake it until you make it!” There have been so many different situations in my life (job interviews, presentations, student teaching activities) when I was terrified and had no clue what I was doing. Instead of freaking out and losing my cool I would just pretend like I knew what I was doing and turn mistakes into intentions!

I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.