Heather-Joy Wilson, ‘12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Not into wining and dining? Don’t worry, neither is Campus Cutie Heather-Joy.  Cuddle up near a fire or take a walk out by the lake and discuss your favorite reads to get into this cutie’s head.  Want more insight into what makes this cutie tick?  Cook her a meal with curry or whip up an Italian feast and you will be sure to win her over.

Name: Heather-Joy Wilson

Age: 21

Hometown: Brooklyn, NY.  I’m originally from Trinidad, though.  I moved here when I was four and moved back and forth a few times.  I visit every summer because my entire family is there.

Year of Graduation: 2012

Relationship Status: It’s complicated

Major/minor and Why: English.  Honestly, because I don’t want to do math.  I like English because it challenges me. My minor is Global and International Studies.  I like being aware of where I come from and where I’m going.

Involvements on Campus: I’m a part of National Black Law Student Association; it was brought to campus last semester.  I’m a group leader for Adopt-a-Grandparent.  I’m interviewing for C Step, which is kind of like the Compass.  It links you to mentors, helps you with your resumes, and you get to go to conferences.

What do you look for in a guy? He has to be smart…and easy on the eyes.  It’s not mandatory, but I would like looking at them.  He has to be motivated and have some kind of goal.  I don’t mind tall guys either.

What does your ideal date look like? I’m a hopeless romantic.  I would like if somebody took me to the lake and had a little bonfire and a picnic.  I would prefer for him to cook for me and we talked and ate.

What are your hobbies?  All I do is work! I love reading and I take a lot of pictures, I love photography.  I love finding food places; I’m a foodie.  Oh, and of course, I like long walks on the beach.

What are your goals? I want to be proud of myself and know that I did my best in whatever I do.  I don’t need to be rich, just comfortable so that I can travel when and where I want.

Who are influential people in your life? My mom and my “sister.”  My mom because she sacrificed a lot to come here and I want her to see that sacrifice is for something. I want to do a good job so I can take care of my elderly mother.  I don’t want her to have to work her whole life.  My sister because it showed that is possible to be successful in our current situation.

What color are you? Red because red signifies life.  You know how your blood is red?  So for me, red is life and passion.

Kaitlin Provost graduated from SUNY Oswego, majoring in journalism with a learning agreement in photography. She grew up in five different towns all over the Northeast, eventually settling and graduating from high school in Hudson, Massachusetts. Kait now lives in the blustery town of Oswego, New York, where she can frequently be found running around like a madwoman, avoiding snow drifts taller than her head (which, incidentally, is not very tall). She has worked for her campus newspaper, The Oswegonian, as the Assistant News Editor, and is also the President of the Oswego chapter of Ed2010, a national organization which helps students break into the magazine industry. She hopes to one day work for National Geographic and travel the world.