This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

If there is anything I am excited about, it is for the semester to end. I don’t know about you, but I am so burnt out with classes and college life. It is crazy to think about all we take for granted about living at home while we’re at school. It is such a stressful time for all of us right now-with final exams and project deadlines approaching rapidly. To get yourself through this last push of the semester, just remember all of the things that you will get to enjoy when you finally get to return home.

Personally, I can’t wait to go home and shower in a shower without flip flops. I know it sounds silly but I am so sick of showering with flip flops-I just want my feet to be free when I shower!

I also really miss my momma’s cooking. My family is Italian, so my mom makes delicious pasta dishes that I am absolutely drooling thinking about. My mom also makes this really tasty homemade chicken noodle soup, which sounds awesome right about now, while I watch the snow blowing around outside my window.

Just think, when you’re home there won’t be school work constantly plaguing the back of your mind. You can sit back, relax, and do something you really enjoy– whether it’s indulging in a good read that doesn’t have a thing to do with your classes, or soaking in a nice hot bubble bath with some music and candles.

Personally, I cannot wait to be home for the holidays. The holiday season is such a cheerful, magical, happy time of year for me and my family. Picturing going home and helping my mom decorate the Christmas tree while drinking mugs full of eggnog gives me the energy to finish off the semester strong.

Not to mention, I can’t wait to see my pets! I can’t believe how much I took for granted seeing animals while on campus. Whenever I see someone walking their dog around the lake or a cute little chipmunk scurrying across my path as I walk to and from each day, I get such a smile on my face. It is such a rare occurrence on campus to see a furry friend and it is one that I miss dearly. I never thought when I went away to college that I would so badly miss being able to pet an animal every day.

If you don’t have pets, think about the friends you will be able to see when you go home. Maybe you can’t wait to go home because you miss your siblings. I know personally, I miss my brother every single day I’m here. All of the antics he does that used to drive me crazy, I am now beginning to miss.

I don’t know about you, but I think it is safe for me to say that I am pretty homesick and ready to go home for the semester. Thinking about cuddling up on the couch with a cozy throw blanket, sipping on a mug of chai tea while watching a good TV show with my mom makes the prospect of getting through the rest of these finals a whole lot easier.

Relax, smile, you can do it! We’re almost finished for the semester. Finish out strong; it’s almost time to go home.

Kari is currently a second semester junior at Oswego State majoring in both Journalism and Global International Studies. She's a big city girl who was born in a small town. When not studying for her classes or obsessing over Her Campus, she can be found splurging on nail polish, watching documentaries, reading magazines, crafting, drinking chai tea, or gushing about animals.
I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.