This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Name: Courtney ShortYear: Soon to be SeniorHometown: Massapequa, N.Y.Major: PsychologyMinor: Athletic Coaching and Health ScienceRelationship Status: Single

What are some words to describe you?Explorer, nature enthusiast, kind and caring, fun, open minded, and relaxed.

What’s your favorite thing to do on a day off?I really like going down to the lake, because it’s beautiful and offers a sense of nature. I also like walking up and down the Farmer’s Market. It’s nice to see the community come together.

Which celebrity would you like to go on a date with?Ashton Kutcher. He’s romantic, yet has a wonderful goofy side.

What advice do you have for incoming freshmen?Get out there and get involved! Oswego has great programs. You just have to keep your eyes open. Take advantage of the Compass, the facilities, and the people willing to help you.

How do you feel about love?It’s a magical thing and one of the most radiant feelings in the world to look beside you and realize you’re surrounded with people you love.

What are your pet peeves?When there’s an empty toilet paper roll with a new one sitting right there, but no one felt like putting it on the rack. Unless it’s a very complex rack, it should only take 2-3 seconds.

What are some of your favorite college memories?I love watching lightning storms by the lake. And the alternative spring break trips the Compass has offered me.

What’s your favorite meal to make?Growing up my favorite meal was chicken cutlets and mac n cheese. My mom was always excited to make it because she knew how much I loved it.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?I want the power to be able to control people’s outlooks on situations. I’d like to help them be more understandable and positive.

What’s the coolest thing you ever did?I hiked 26 miles on the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu with Oswego Going Global.

Just a girl who loves to write, have a good time, and eat!
I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.