This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

College is hard. You need to study, manage all the clubs you’re involved in, socialize, make sure you don’t go broke, eat terrible dining hall food, deal with roommate/friend drama, and a bunch of other stuff.

But, one thing you shouldn’t have to worry about is your skin.

Make yourself glow with perfect skin everyday by using these cheap products for skin prone to acne and dry skin.

Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel

This gel works MIRACLES on your skin, especially if you have acne. Slather this on whenever you’re free or before bed (make sure to moisturize beforehand) and leave a good amount on the areas where you have acne or acne scars. Within the month, your skin will have less acne, your acne will dry out easier and your scars will start to fade!

Tea Tree Toner

To be fair, anything with tea tree oil works miracles for acne prone skin! I use this right after I wash my face in the evening on a cotton pad. This really allows me to figure out what part of my face is the driest and helps with reducing acne as well.

P.S. They have a LOT of sales all the time!

e.l.f. Illuminating Eye Cream

This eye cream is smooth and nourishing and leaves the skin under your eyes looking amazing. It looks like a small container but it lasts for a while. I usually take a little bit on my finger and rub it under my eyes after moisturizing my face.

The Body Shop Moisturizer

This moisturizer made my skin better overnight and I usually will slather it on the areas where my skin is the driest (my cheeks usually) and it makes it all nice and soft the next morning.

Just get it. It’ll make your skin amazing, trust me.

e.l.f. Hydrating Bubble Mask

This mask is fun, it tickles and it’s something you should do with your friends. It’s really fun to watch it bubble up and it leaves your skin feeling really fresh and bouncy. I use it once a week and it really does help with making my skin look clearer and feeling fresh all the time.

Coconut Oil

I know what you’re thinking. Coconut oil on my face when it’s already acne prone sounds dumb. But, if you mix it with a couple of drops of tea tree oil and put it all over your face overnight, it really helps clear up your skin. Just do it once a month if you have a lot of breakouts.

Nirdishtha Raj Sapkota is a Journalism and Graphic Design double major with a minor in Creative Writing. She loves indie and lofi music. You'll probably find her eating spicy and sour food or running around yelling for no particular reason. 
I'm known as kind of being a hippy who loves to meditate, do yoga, and listen to music. I'm always up for an adventure and am interested in living creatively, working for a bigger purpose, and continuing my adventures around the world!