Beth Schneider

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Major: English with a Creative Writing minor
Year: Senior
Hometown: Oswego, N.Y.
Relationship Status: In a relationship

Why did you decide to go to Oswego?
I originally went to Ithaca College for my freshman year, but it was so much money that I couldn’t afford it, and I knew I wanted to transfer to Oswego. I grew up in Oswego and both my parents taught here when I was little (my dad still does), so I knew the campus well and I knew I enjoyed the city. It’s just really welcoming here and I feel like I’m home.

What is your favorite thing about Oswego?
As cliché as it is, I love being on the lake and being able to see how pretty it is every time I come into school. I work on Mondays and Wednesdays in the computer lab in Campus Center, so two nights a week, I get to watch the sunset over the lake and it’s beautiful.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
If I’m being honest, I go on Reddit a lot… probably too much, but I learn a bunch of new things everyday from it, so it can’t be too bad! I also really like to write poetry and I am the Editor-in-Chief for the Great Lake Review, which is SUNY Oswego’s literary magazine, so I spend a lot of time making sure things for that are in order. I also really like to cuddle up under a ton of blankets and watch movies with my boyfriend.

What is your favorite movie?
Titanic! It’s been my favorite movie since I was five-years-old and my brother, who was eleven at the time, told me I couldn’t watch it with him and his friend, so I cried to my mom and she made them let me watch. Since then, it’s been the most amazing movie of my life.

Favorite food?
Mac and Cheese! I make a really delicious bacon mac and cheese, and it’s like heaven in my mouth.

Who is your celebrity crush?
Ryan Gosling, without a doubt. Not only is he gorgeous, but he’s so talented at both acting and singing, and he’s really humble. In his interviews, it’s obvious he doesn’t want to talk about himself, but more about the film he’s promoting or the other actors and actresses he’s worked with. He’s just an all-around awesome guy.

What do you plan on doing after college?
Right after college, I plan on crying about how I don’t know how to figure my life out and how terrible student loans are. Ultimately, I’d really like to go into editing, preferably for a magazine, but I’d be happy anywhere. I just love editing things.

What is the best advice you have ever received?
My dad tells me to “F*** what other people think and just live your life happily.”

I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.