Ashley Cavallo Is No Joke

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

It’s Ashley Cavallo’s first semester at SUNY Oswego as a transfer junior, and I never would’ve known. The writer and social media manager for Her Campus Oswego is bubbly, friendly, and infectious. She has the ability to draw people in and make them instantly comfortable around her. Ashley has a great sense of humor and the ability to come up with the perfect line right on the spot. (I would totally pay money to listen to her tell me all the funny stories she’s encountered in life). Ashley is proud of who she is and the things that make her unique. She’s a true inspiration and you should definitely get to know her better if you have the chance.

Age: 20

Year: Junior

Hometown: Binghamton, NY

Major: Public Relations

Minor: Creative Writing

Where did you transfer from and why?

I transferred from SUNY New Paltz this year because their Public Relations department isn’t what I thought it would be. It’s really small. I like the program here better.

Why’d you choose SUNY Oswego?

Oswego was my “what-if” school in high school, but a lot of kids in my grade were going there. I wanted college to be a fresh start, to see new faces and have new experiences.

How did you feel about transferring and your first semester at a new school?

I was afraid to transfer at first. I was worried about making friends and not having a social life. But when I got here, I met a lot of people. The classes are a lot better for me because the professors and students are more outgoing and willing to have conversations. Also, Her Campus and the group chat we have is great.

What’s your dream job?

My dream job would be to become a comedy writer for something like SNL. It’d give me the chance to do something both creative and funny. More realistically, I’d just like to work in the media, whether it be public relations or marketing. I think advertising would be cool too.

Who’s your favorite comedian?

Mike Birbiglia: He does stand-up in the form of storytelling, which is really funny. I saw him recently, it was awesome!

What do you like to do in your free time?

I guess my hobbies would be writing, stand-up… I used to play guitar, and I watch a lot of movies. My interests are really all over the place, and I’m open so I just bop around.

Read Ashley’s a rticles here.

Carlie is a sophomore American Studies major and Economics minor at SUNY Oswego in Central New York. She writes for fun, but would love the opportunity to have it as a career. She also enjoys reading, food, music, running, and anything that will make her laugh. Follow her on Instagram: @carlieevans3
Katie Short

Oswego '18

Katie is a recent graduate of SUNY Oswego, where she double-majored in Creative Writing and Political Science and a minor in Journalism. She was the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oswego as well as a Chapter Advisor. Katie hopes to get a job in writing, editing or social media.