Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Oswego Archives

Hannah Sokol

By Katie Ports
April 19, 2014 - 10:08pm

Hannah Sokol, a blue-eyed blondie from Endicott, N.Y. has it going on. She is not only motivated, but funny and quite beautiful. She has been at Oswego for three years and has taken advantage of her opportunities. She will be graduating in May with a degree in Public Relations, with a concentration in Marketing. Hannah will be well-prepared for life in the real world due to her multiple internships working for Red Cross, Tioga County Tourism, Binghamton Senators and United Way. All her experience has paid off because she landed herself a dream internship for the summer after graduation, working for the store deemed the greatest supermarket in America, which will open many doors for her. READ MORE

Cutie

By Kathryne Davis

The End of the Semester

By Kathryne Davis
April 19, 2014 - 12:21pm

It seems that every year, we get more work at the end of the semester. I thought senior year would be different, but it’s worse. At the beginning of the semester, I tell myself to try to keep up with everything because I’ll regret it at the end. But, I never listen to myself and end up having hundreds of papers to write and a million tests to study for. That’s a bit of an exaggeration, but there is still a lot of work. READ MORE

Colorful Water Bottles

By Kathryne Davis
April 17, 2014 - 10:10pm

The weather is (finally) starting to get nicer, which means we can spend more time outside! Since the sun will be hot, we will need to drink plenty of water. The best way to drink water is to use a cute water bottle! READ MORE

What do you plan on doing this weekend?

By Kathryne Davis

Hockey Shirts

By Kathryne Davis
April 17, 2014 - 9:44pm

The Stanley Cup Playoffs started this week! Students around Oswego can be seen wearing shirts to support their favorite teams as they make their way through the playoffs. Which team do you want to win? READ MORE

Good Friday

By Kathryne Davis
April 17, 2014 - 9:19pm

We don't have classes on Friday, so enjoy the day off! READ MORE

The Hub

By Liz Arnone
April 17, 2014 - 8:44pm

For an assignment in their Literary Citizenship class, 16 of SUNY Oswego’s Creative Writing students created a fully functioning website called The Hub to promote an online community for all writers. In just the few days that it has been up and running, universities from across the states have taken an interest in The Hub and have already shown their writing classes. Noteworthyauthors have even begun retweeting and following The Hub on Facebook. One of The Hub’s creators, Marian Holmes wants The Hub to be, “a place to share ideas, critique collaboratively, celebrate success, and offer assistance. It is there to benefit the current students, celebrate our alumni, and inspire the incoming academic freshmen.” READ MORE

#ozmystory

By Bridget Jackson
April 11, 2014 - 8:05pm

#ozmystory has been splashed across all campus bulletin boards, on every campus social media outlet and has undoubtedly shown up on your Facebook timeline at least once or twice. Here it is #oz crowd, what is #ozmystory? #ozmystory is a Career Services campaign to showcase the career-related achievements of our students and alumni. So for students any internships, club involvements, research, volunteer opportunities- anything that relates to what you want for a career. For alumni, what is your current career success? READ MORE

Courtney Short

By Katie Ports
April 11, 2014 - 7:59pm

Name: Courtney Short
Year: Soon to be Senior
Hometown: Massapequa, N.Y.
Major: Psychology
Minor: Athletic Coaching and Health Science
Relationship Status: Single
What are some words to describe you?
Explorer, nature enthusiast, kind and caring, fun, open minded, and relaxed. READ MORE