Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Oswego Archives

Lindsey Adrian

By Danielle Minnick
October 30, 2014 - 12:00pm

As we wade knee-deep in midterm projects, papers, and tests, it’s important for all of us to remind ourselves of what all this hard work leads us towards: a happy life after college. No one better exemplifies such determination to achieve that happiness than Lindsey Adrian; an alumna of SUNY Oswego, this week’s campus celebrity, and a personal friend of mine. In our interview, she discusses the joy that comes with her job, the activities she misses from her life in Oswego, and her best advice to students who want to get the most out of their college experience. READ MORE

Phi Sigma Sigma's Second Annual Greeks to Geeks Tournament

By Claudia DiCalogero
October 30, 2014 - 12:21am

It’s about that time of the year where Phi Sigma Sigma will be hosting their annual Greeks to Geeks tournament! The event will be hosted by the sisters of the Epsilon Nu chapter of Phi Sigma Sigma here at SUNY Oswego on Nov. 8 from 2-5 p.m. in the Marano Campus Center Auditorium. The tournament is derived from the classic game show Jeopardy. Each Greek organization that signed up, 3 people per organization, will participate as a team to answer brain-busting questions. The questions will range from all topics including academics, popular culture and questions related to life here in Oswego. READ MORE

The “F” Word: Why Are We Afraid of Feminism?

By Susan Velazquez
October 29, 2014 - 2:27pm

Beyoncé is one, but Katy Perry isn’t. Chloe Grace Moretz is one, but not Shailene Woodley. Taylor Swift wasn’t at first, but now she’s changed her tune. Emma Watson gave a speech at the UN about how proud she was to be one. You know, a feminist. Did that word made you cringe a little inside? If it did, you’re not alone. But the question is why exactly are we so afraid of the F-word— feminism? READ MORE

Anxiety: Erasing the Stigma

By Danielle Minnick
October 22, 2014 - 8:41pm

During the first week of October, the Counseling Center at Oswego put on Mental Health Awareness Week; a week-long series of events dedicated to shedding light on mental health issues that are often overlooked. One of those overlooked mental health issues is Generalized Anxiety Disorder, a disorder that, according to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America READ MORE

Brittany La'Ree Sperino Horsford

By Raven Reese
October 21, 2014 - 8:20pm

Name: Brittany La’Ree Sperino Horsford Hometown: Oswego, N.Y. Year: Senior Age: 22 Zodiac Sign: Libra Major: Creative Writing and Public Relations Describe yourself in three words: Imaginative, determined, empathetic What is your favorite food? READ MORE

Sunset Sorbet

By Susan Velazquez
October 21, 2014 - 3:16pm

Too often we look past the beautiful things in life due to its many distractions. While eating ice cream in the dining hall the other day, I broke this barrier and looked up to see one of the most beautiful sunsets. So just a quick reminder for all, life can pass you by if you're not looking up from your sundae bowl. READ MORE

Chris Beaulieu

By Claudia DiCalogero
October 21, 2014 - 12:14am

Name: Chris Beaulieu Hometown: Syracuse, N.Y. Year: Senior Major: Marketing Minor: Health Science Relationship Status: Single Zodiac Sign: Taurus What do you like to do for fun? “Going out with my friends, playing Broomball and working out.” What kind of sports do you like? READ MORE

10 Must-See Thrillers on Netflix

By Ashley Thompson
October 20, 2014 - 11:13pm

Homework is done, hot cocoa is brewing, fuzzy socks are on and snuggies are brought out for the crisp chill air. With Halloween so near and costumes already on hangers, what else can you do to keep the Halloween spirit thriving? Netflix, that’s what! The ultimate savior for when the air outside stings your face or even when you want a fun night inside with your "homies" or the "bae." Here are some must-see movies playing on Netflix now! 1. “Carrie” (1976 & 2013) R READ MORE

Tie-Dye for a Cure

By Kari Hively
October 20, 2014 - 10:48pm

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, members of the Health Promotion and Wellness club and the Latino Student Union at SUNY Oswego gathered together in solidarity to fight breast cancer during a philanthropy event set out to inform students and raise money for breast cancer research.  The event featured a presentation given by Latino Student Union Director of Programming Ivanny Marcelino and Health Promotion and Wellness President Isiah Jewell with essential information about breast cancer, including symptoms to look for and tutorials on how to do self-examinations. ...

13 Autumn Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet and Spooky Cravings

By Claudia DiCalogero, Kari Hively
October 20, 2014 - 3:30pm

Are you looking for some fun ideas for Halloween treats or just trying to get in the fall spirit? Here are some delicious recipes that are simple and fun to make that look really awesome too! READ MORE