Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Oswego Archives

Wardrobe Wednesday: Jill Staebler

By Olivia Dunn
September 17, 2014 - 1:42pm

READ MORE

National Sorority Rush Week at Oswego

By Claudia DiCalogero
September 12, 2014 - 3:17pm

National sorority rush week at SUNY Oswego. Contact Claudia DiCalogero at cdicalog@oswego.edu for more information.  READ MORE

The 411 on Rushing National at SUNY Oswego

By Claudia DiCalogero
September 12, 2014 - 2:53pm

Here on campus at SUNY Oswego this year, we have three national sororities: Phi Sigma Sigma, Alpha Epsilon Phi and Sigma Delta Tau. Each sorority is made up of a large group of diverse girls that come together to formulate a sisterhood, as well as participate in philanthropic events on and off campus, helping to support our local community. We pride ourselves in hard work towards our academics, as well as generating a large social atmosphere with not only all those in Greek life, but also athletic teams and different clubs on campus as well. Many sisters from each organization participate in multiple activities here on campus and are still able to devote time to their sisters and weekly chapter events and functions....

Aaron Timothy Millard

By Maggie Faller
September 12, 2014 - 2:24pm

Name: Aaron Timothy Millard Hometown: Carthage, N.Y. Year: Senior Major: Finance with a minor in international business Relationship status: Happily taken  He’s laid-back, witty and cares a lot about his family, friends and his beautiful girl – what more do you need in a guy? Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Aaron Millard.  Favorite place in Oz: READ MORE

Seize the Sunsets

By Lindsey Moses
September 11, 2014 - 10:17pm

It is certainly no secret that Oswego, N.Y. boasts some of the most stunning sunsets in the country. In fact, many students at SUNY Oswego cite these breathtaking sunsets as one of their favorite things about the college. And let’s be honest … what can possibly be better than going down to the lake with a bunch of friends and watching the sun slowly sink below the horizon? The scene is absolutely captivating.   READ MORE

Laura Donnelly

By Raven Reese
September 11, 2014 - 10:10pm

Dr. Laura Donnelly is another great example of why attending SUNY Oswego could be the best decision an aspiring writer can make. Dr. Donnelly received her MFA in Poetry from the renowned Purdue University and her Ph.D in English/Creative Writing from Western Michigan University. Laura’s official title is as an assistant professor of English and creative writing at SUNY Oswego, and she specifically focuses her teaching on the art of poetry writing. However, her teaching interests also include an even more expansive variety of writing topics: creative nonfiction writing, literary publishing, gender studies, and Victorian and Modern British literature, of which she taught several courses before teaching at SUNY Oswego....

Andrew Baumgras

By eflowers@oswego.edu
September 11, 2014 - 9:49pm

Name: Andrew Baumgras  Year: Senior  Major: Human Development and Creative Writing  Hometown: Albany, N.Y. but I was born in Baltimore.  Relationship Status: In a relationship                                                   (Andrew (far left), at an RA banquet) Why did you come to SUNY Oswego? READ MORE

N.Y.C. Fashion Week: Fit or Fail?

By Susan Velazquez
September 11, 2014 - 2:50pm

For those of you who don’t know, New York Fashion Week takes place in February and September of each year and is the chance for designers to show off their collections to international audiences and hopefully, potential buyers. Broke college kids like us will probably never be able to afford a Diane von Furtsenberg wrap dress or a couture Chanel ball gown. However, we can still put in our two cents on this season’s best and worst collections. Channel your inner Miranda Priestly and put on your most Anna Wintour-like black shades as we track the Spring 2015 collections’ “Fits and Fails.” FIT READ MORE

A Planet in Crisis: 5 Tips for Going Green

By Danielle Minnick
September 11, 2014 - 2:16pm

What we humans are doing to our globe is evidenced all over the news: the exhaustion of fossil fuels, the pollution of water, and the destruction of wildlife habitats. It’s all summarized pretty well with the simple phrase “global climate change.” It can be pretty overwhelming with all these problems and even though humans often are good-natured and want to help, sometimes we simply don’t know what to do. Fear not! You can reduce your carbon footprint (the amount of greenhouse gases that are released due to an individual’s use of resources) every day by making or breaking some small habits! Here are five helpful tips to start living more green: READ MORE

The CNY Great Pumpkin Festival

By Kari Hively
September 4, 2014 - 11:16pm

READ MORE