Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Oswego Archives

Mandatory Her Campus Oswego Meeting

By Kari Hively

6 Tips to Avoid Back-to-School Stress

By svelazqu
August 29, 2014 - 12:53pm

The first week of school is a little like New Year’s Eve. There’s this exhilaration of anticipation where you decide, “This year, I can be better than I what was before.” You think to yourself, “I’m going to study so hard every night! I’m going to work out at the Glimmerglass gym every day! I’m going to keep my room as cute and clean as the day I unpacked my boxes!” READ MORE

Kari Hively

By Kathryne Davis
May 17, 2014 - 11:48pm

Name: Kari Hively Hometown: Addison, N.Y.
Major: Journalism and Global & International Studies
Relationship Status: In a relationship Why did you decide to go to Oswego?
As cliché as it sounds, I loved the lake. I was also super excited about the great journalism program and the abundant study abroad opportunities. READ MORE

Alice McDermott

By Kathryne Davis
May 17, 2014 - 11:47pm

Alice McDermott is a writer and a university professor. She graduated from Oswego in 1975. For her novel Charming Billy, she two awards, which were an American Book Award and a U.S. National Book Award for Fiction. The book was published in 1998. Right now she works at Johns Hopkins University as a Professor of the Humanities. Her stories have appeared in several magazines, including Seventeen and The New Yorker. She has had articles published in The New York Times. READ MORE

Snag a Summer Beau

By Sam Kaye
May 17, 2014 - 11:46pm

Summer is here! A time of beaches, sun and, of course, fun. A lot goes on during the summer. You catch up with friends, you make new friends, some people even have jobs or internships. But summer is also a great time to make new connections of a more romantic nature. These relationships can be strictly for the summer or they can be long term, deepening on what both you and that someone decide on. Here are some tips to make this summer memorable and filled with romance! READ MORE

Finals Survival Kit!

By Kathryne Davis
May 15, 2014 - 2:46pm

Everyone needs a little pick-me-up at the end of the semester. Her Campus always comes through for us by partnering with wonderful companies, who send us survival kits. Chipotle’s buy-one-get-one free cards are the perfect way to grab a quick, cheap dinner with a friend! The closest Chipotle is roughly a half hour away, but the travel is well-worth the delicious food. LUNA bars are a delicious and healthy snack to eat during a study break. The LUNA bars are packed with vitamins to help us get through the day! Popchips are just as good as potato chips, but are healthier! They have all of the flavor, but only have of the fat. Put down those potato chips and pick up some popchips! Thanks  for all of the goodies and as always, a huge thank you to Her Campus!...

Concert T's

By Kathryne Davis
May 12, 2014 - 2:09pm

What better way to show off your favorite band than to wear a concert T? It's also a great way to strike up a conversation with someone in your class! READ MORE

What do you plan on doing this summer?

By Kathryne Davis

Graduation!

By Kathryne Davis
May 12, 2014 - 2:05pm

Congratulations to all of the graduates! READ MORE

Coffee Can Be Healthy

By Kylie Wyman
May 10, 2014 - 4:58pm

Coffee. What is it about this beverage that keeps people upbeat and not complete zombies? (Here’s lookin’ at you, college students dealing with grueling final exams and final presentations). Is consuming a grande coffee from Starbucks every morning actually beneficial to your health? According to an article by The Huffington Post, it is. There are many advantages to drinking coffee. From lessoning the symptoms of stress to providing your bodies with antioxidants; coffee, hot or cold, gives its drinkers more than just a boost when trying to wake up. Here are some other helpful ways this caffeinated beverage can come in handy!...