Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Oswego Archives

Sunset Sorbet

By Susan Velazquez
October 21, 2014 - 3:16pm

Too often we look past the beautiful things in life due to its many distractions. While eating ice cream in the dining hall the other day, I broke this barrier and looked up to see one of the most beautiful sunsets. So just a quick reminder for all, life can pass you by if you're not looking up from your sundae bowl. READ MORE

10 Must-See Thrillers on Netflix

By Ashley Thompson
October 20, 2014 - 11:13pm

Homework is done, hot cocoa is brewing, fuzzy socks are on and snuggies are brought out for the crisp chill air. With Halloween so near and costumes already on hangers, what else can you do to keep the Halloween spirit thriving? Netflix, that’s what! The ultimate savior for when the air outside stings your face or even when you want a fun night inside with your "homies" or the "bae." Here are some must-see movies playing on Netflix now! 1. “Carrie” (1976 & 2013) R READ MORE

Tie-Dye for a Cure

By Kari Hively
October 20, 2014 - 10:48pm

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, members of the Health Promotion and Wellness club and the Latino Student Union at SUNY Oswego gathered together in solidarity to fight breast cancer during a philanthropy event set out to inform students and raise money for breast cancer research.  The event featured a presentation given by Latino Student Union Director of Programming Ivanny Marcelino and Health Promotion and Wellness President Isiah Jewell with essential information about breast cancer, including symptoms to look for and tutorials on how to do self-examinations. ...

13 Autumn Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet and Spooky Cravings

By Claudia DiCalogero, Kari Hively
October 20, 2014 - 3:30pm

Are you looking for some fun ideas for Halloween treats or just trying to get in the fall spirit? Here are some delicious recipes that are simple and fun to make that look really awesome too! READ MORE

Jessica White

By Sam Kaye
October 17, 2014 - 11:46pm

Jessica White
  Age 22 Major History Minor Photography Hometown
Cato, N.Y. Year 2nd semester Senior Relationship Status Single If you had to pick a book to describe your life, what would it be and why? A coloring book, because life is about using all of the crayons and coloring outside the lines. What was your favorite 90's TV show?  What is currently your favorite show? I used to watch Home Improvement with my dad. I binge on a lot of shows, but right now it's Once Upon a Time. READ MORE

Andrew Minnick: Life After College

By Danielle Minnick
October 15, 2014 - 11:12am

Campus celebrities aren’t just the students and faculty you see walking around campus everyday. Some celebrities have moved on in the world, working and living in the careers they studied hard to get. These people are often viewed as living testaments that, through perseverance and a bit of luck, you too can find your place in the world. For this week’s interview, I sat down with someone near and dear to me, my brother Andrew Minnick, to hear what he had to say about postgraduate life and the challenges and freedoms that go with it. READ MORE

A Disease Among Women: Female Bullying

By Kari Hively
October 15, 2014 - 2:09am

As much as other diseases are being highlighted in the media these days, it's time to shine a spotlight on one of the most devastating social diseases experienced by many women throughout the world constantly: female bullying. It has the power to destroy relationships and be severely damaging. You see it from elementary school right on up through college and on into the adult years. According to Clinical Trials, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, relational aggression, also known as "female bullying," is a type of psychological aggression in which inconspicuous tactics are used to harm other people and their relationships. Some of these tactics include: •  ...

5 DIY Halloween Costumes

By Ashley Thompson
October 14, 2014 - 11:24pm

Halloween is near, meaning it’s that time of year to get creative with your costumes! Are you having some money issues? Running out of costume ideas? Need a quick last minute getup? Here are five do-it-yourself ideas that will save you time and money! 1. Greek Goddess READ MORE

Wardrobe Wednesday for an Abnormally Warm Fall Day

By Lauren Berberich
October 14, 2014 - 2:56pm

Freshman Gabrielle Cippolina rocked a floral skirt on an abnormally warm October day. She added a cozy, gray cardigan to maintain the "fall feeling" of the season and accessorized with a dangling, gold necklace. She let her natural waves flow over her shoulders and created the perfect look as she strutted her way through campus! READ MORE

Italian Heritage Month

By Kari Hively
October 14, 2014 - 12:46pm

Every year the president of the United States signs an executive order designating the month of October as National Italian American Heritage Month, in recognition of the many achievements and contributions made to American culture by persons of Italian heritage. READ MORE