This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Reporting and hosting “‘TOP in the Morning” for WTOP, a two-time Laker Leader and a resident assistant in Onondaga Hall, Anthony Hill is no stranger on Oswego’s campus.

A double major in journalism and political science, junior Anthony Hill has made his face well known both on and off campus.  Just recently Anthony gained celebrity status by making the trip to Albany for SUNY Day.  SUNY Day gives SUNY colleges the chance to lobby for state legislative. 

Basically, SUNY Day is our chance to say, “Don’t forget to fund SUNY, when it comes to budget time,” Anthony says. 

Anthony was just one of the many accomplished students partaking in SUNY Day.  Along with Samantha DiMascio, Anthony acted as a reporter for WTOP, spending the day in our capitol building and showing off just two of the accomplished students that attend Oswego State.

While reporting for WTOP is celeb status enough, Anthony also hosts his own show every Friday morning at 8:30 a.m. entitled “‘TOP in the Morning.”  Catch up with Anthony Friday mornings to stay on top of your weekly news.

If you haven’t seen Anthony taking up airtime, you have probably seen him scouting the halls in Onondaga or owning summer orientation.

“Out of all your experiences, you should find connections,” Anthony says.

The numerous skills Anthony has gained from working as a resident assistant and Laker Leader are transcended into his broadcasting career.

“They all involve interacting with people,” Anthony says.  “I have to meet different people.  When you’re out reporting, you have to interact with every one.  These are skills that you cross over.”

Anthony is not one to turn down an experience when it comes his way.

“It’s a leadership position, so why not!” Anthony remarks.

Anthony began taking on leadership positions even in in his high school, All Hallows, a catholic high school in the Bronx.  He started his broadcasting career by announcing his school’s messages in the morning over a televised broadcast that went out to individual classrooms.

“I thought it was so professional, until I saw WTOP, then I realized how ghetto is actually was,” he says.

Progressing from this, Anthony was granted his own show, “World News with Anthony Hill.”

“From there, I knew I wanted to be a journalist,” Anthony says.  “That solidified it.”

From an early age, this campus celebrity was naturally curious.

“I was always asking questions, I would never be content,” Anthony says.  “I remember wondering, ‘why do planes fly? I can’t fly.’  I would always want to know why things happen.”

Being the curious cat he is, Anthony did find out why planes fly.  Earning his pilot’s license when he was only 17, Anthony secured various options for himself.

His overall fascination with politics and being on air, however, triumphed.  

With only one year left, Anthony is seriously considering studying abroad for the fall 2013 semester in a Spanish speaking country, making sure to get every experience he can out of his undergraduate career.

Working toward a summer internship at a major news station in New York City, Anthony Hill is well on his way of securing his dream job of working for MSNBC.

Make sure to look out for Campus Celebrity Anthony Hill Friday mornings during “’Top in the Morning.”

EDUCATIONBachelors of Arts in Journalism                                                                              Expected: May 2014State University of New York (SUNY) College at OswegoMajor: JournalismMinor: Creative Writing RELATED EXPERIENCE   Whiteraverrafting.com-Contributing Writer                                                       March 2013-PresentReviews on shows/festivals/tracks/albums in individual postsFeature posts about the world of electronic musicAssist in ideas on how to deliver more content and receive higher website viewsDevelop questions and strategies for unique and influential interviews with various artists HerCampus/Oswego.com: Editor of the Oswego Branch                                     January 2011 –Present    Editing- AP styleMaintain positions throughout involvement with Her Campus as: Social media representative, editor, and finally one of the head editors of the branchMaintain various article sections of the magazine websiteWrite articles related to news, student profiles, and various other articles like blogs which relate to campus lifeSocial media balancing skillsPeer Leader for the Educational Opportunity Program, Oswego NY                August, Summer 2012Mentor for freshmanTutor writing classesEdit essays, and short stories for studentsIntroduce and involve students in clubs on campusInitiate team work with planned events and assignments for students Copy Writing Internship: I Heart Oswego                                                                        January 2013-Presenthttp://iheartoswego.com/Edit 3-4 stories daily, using AP styleReport and interview subjects for storiesUpdate Facebook/Twitter for I Heart OswegoCome up with feature stories TVF-Business Development Member                                                                                 January 2013                                                                        Promote products at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES 2013)Discuss business strategies and team workDevelop press releases  WORK EXPERIENCECustomer Service, Wegman’s Food Markets, Binghamton, NY                                        August 2009-PresentInitiate customer service at cashier positionAdapt to changing situations at the storeImprove teamwork experience with working for outside services COMMUNITY INVOLVMENTCheerleading Club, SUNY Oswego                                                                                   September 2010-PresentSocial chair position: Come up with team bonding activities throughout the year and maintain team’s image