12 Times Sue Heck was Your Spirit Animal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Sue Heck is the spirited middle child and only daughter on ABC’s hit comedy series, “The Middle.” The sitcom has aired for seven seasons thus far, and ironically, Sue and I have been the same age for each one (we’re both sophomores in college). I feel as though we’re long lost best friends. If you’re familiar with the show, I’m sure you too feel a close connection with Sue’s character. If not, here are some of her most relatable quotes!

1. When you wake up feeling insecure: “I can’t go to school today! My hair is stringy, my face is too oval and I have no friends!”

2. When your parents don’t understand why you aren’t calling them: “You can buy my love with concert tickets.”

3. When no one can bring you down:

4. On being a young adult woman: “People judge you for every little thing, if they even notice you at all!”

5. When you have to pull an all-nighter because you procrastinated: “I rode the caffeine pony and it took me to the depths of hell.”

6. Before giving a presentation:

7. When you ace a test you thought you bombed: “This is like Christmas morning, my birthday, and the day I smelled the Justin Bieber perfume all wrapped into one!”

8. Standing up for yourself: “See you in court, ‘cause you just got Sued!”

9. When someone tries to talk politics with you: “This one says ‘I’m going commando.’ I don’t really get it, but I do support the military.”

10. The Wifi isn’t working:

11. Showing up for one club team practice: “Embarrassment is an important part of sports. My coach told me that.”

12. Spending all of your dining dollars in the first two weeks:

If you can’t get enough memorable Sue moments, catch the season 8 premiere of “The Middle” Tuesday October 11th at 8 p.m. EST on ABC.

Carlie is a sophomore American Studies major and Economics minor at SUNY Oswego in Central New York. She writes for fun, but would love the opportunity to have it as a career. She also enjoys reading, food, music, running, and anything that will make her laugh. Follow her on Instagram: @carlieevans3
I'm known as kind of being a hippy who loves to meditate, do yoga, and listen to music. I'm always up for an adventure and am interested in living creatively, working for a bigger purpose, and continuing my adventures around the world!