Zoe’s Style Blog: It’s Better In Nude!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Neutral and flesh tones have been popular choices for make-up and footwear recently—and now, these sophisticated shades are making their way into apparel.  Khaki and stone, along with modern fleshy pinks and champagne creams, are becoming the “it colors” for refined day- and edgy eveningwear!  

So … how do we wear these colors without looking naked or washed out?  Be sure to pay attention to the fabric and the fit of your nude pieces.  Wearing a body-hugging, flesh-colored top will just make you look like you have an extra layer of skin.  To avoid this effect and to get the best results with this trend, try finding pieces that drape over you and float away from your body.  There is also another caveat to this trend: anyone who loves and has tried this color pallet will tell you that not every tone flatters every person.  Consider, when trying on these different pieces, to find the right color that compliments your eyes, hair and skin tone. 

Once you’ve found the right colors, you can focus on completing your outfit.  To add flare when sporting this trend, try layering different textures, colors, and patterns.  If you feel that you still look washed-out in these colors, try adding a splash of color.  This tip will insure that you look amazing while going nude!  This fall/winter, if you want to make a fashion statement while walking on campus, go nude—you’ll turn heads!

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.