Weston Kondik, ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Name: Weston Kondik (nickname: Wes)

Year: Freshman

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Hometown: Auburn, OH

Relationship Status: Single

HC: What is the biggest turn on/off in a girl?
WK: Turn off: Stuck up girls that aren’t nice to everyone they meet; girls that aren’t inclusive. Turn on: Being confident with who you are.  When girls accept who they are and are happy, it’s a beautiful thing.

HC: If you could meet any person dead or alive, who would it be?
WK: Carl Sagan; he is an astrophysicist, an author, and a pretty cool dude.  He makes science cool.  I would say Bill Nye but I already met him.  He danced with my baby brother at my uncle’s wedding.

HC: What is your ideal date?
WK: I’d pick my date up at her place, we’d skip the highway, and drive to the city through the suburbs and look at the Christmas lights on all of the houses.  We’d then go to the small family-owned Italian restaurant in Little Italy and share a pizza.  Then we’d go to the Italian bakery next door, pick up some stuff and drive home.  Then … I’d give her the option of any Will Ferrell movie.

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve?
WK: When people don’t speak with conviction.

HC: Do you have a celebrity doppleganger?
WK: People say I look like Clark Kent from Superman.

HC: What is your favorite OSU memory so far?
WK: Being at the Wisconsin game, turning to my friend and saying, “We’re gonna lose,” then [later] turning to my friend and saying, “We’re gonna win.”

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?
WK: Taylor Swift, not just because she’s beautiful but because she’s confident in what she does, she’s passionate and comes off as a nice, genuine person who cares about everyone.

HC: What is your biggest fear?
WK: Tight spaces; I get claustrophobic.

HC: What are your favorite pro sports teams?
WK: Cleveland Browns—SuperBowl 2013; Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Cavaliers.  I’m so Cleveland it’s a shame.

HC: Favorite Disney Princess?  And why?
WK: Belle because she didn’t like the Beast because of his physical attributes, but saw what was on the inside.

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.