Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2014 Preview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

It’s that time of year again! No, not Christmas. I’m talking about The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show!

For the past 13 years the show has been broadcast on network television and has become a can’t-miss event; people count down the days and throw viewing parties the night it airs. Each year, the event gets bigger and bigger. This year, almost 50 models walked in the show, in 39 pairs of unique wings. Backstage, 25 make-up artists, 25 hair stylists and nine manicurists kept the angels looking sharp for the cameras. The show raised an incredible $2.5 million for charity through ticket sales. It’s definitely one you won’t want to miss. 

The show filmed Tuesday night in London and will air on December 9th at 10 p.m. on CBS. Unfortunately, we will have to wait until then to get to see all the fan-fare. However, we did get some great teasers of what’s to come and who was there. As usual, the pink carpet was star studded with actors, musicians and, of course, the models themselves. 

Taylor Swift was there to perform in a variety of outfits. Between her being besties with all the models and getting to perform two years in a row, she is an unofficial angel herself.

On the pink carpet:

Performing: 

Performing again:

After party look: 

Ed Sheeran performed as well, because everywhere his BFF T-Swift goes, Ed is sure to follow. He definitely didn’t look too upset to be there. 

Ariana Grande and her dancers were said to be the best performance of the night. But, the tiny singer being nearly got run over by a 6-foot angel and her wings definitely stole the show, or at least the next day’s media. 

The performances were rounded out by Irish musician Hozier. 

The performers were not the only stars to grace the pink carpet on Tuesday night…

One Direction’s Liam Payne was there with his girlfriend Sophia Smith, and fangirls on twitter exploded with jealousy. 

Ed Sheeran’s ex, Ellie Goulding, was there also. Seeing your ex mingle with half naked supermodels can’t be fun but we don’t feel too bad for her because she was the one that cheated on him (allegedly). Ed definitely won this breakup.

Mel B walked the red carpet in all white with her hubby.

Unfortunately, Adam Levine couldn’t be there because he was busy doing a live show for The Voice, but he sent his wife Behati Prinsloo roses after the show. Which she instagrammed saying, “I have the best husband!!!!!!!!!!”.

Make sure to tune in on December 9 to see it all go down. 

Photos courtesy of eonline.com, cosmopolitan.com and buzzfeed.com

Aurora Stromberg is a Senior at The Ohio State University pursuing her Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communication and minoring in professional writing. She has been a member of her chapter of Her Campus for two years and is so excited to be this year's HCOSU campus correspondent.  She loves all thinks Tiffany Blue and loves act and sing, but wishes she didn’t have two left feet so that she could dance, too! Aurora is also a member OSU chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America at Ohio State and dreams of running her own PR and event planning business someday.