Tips to Not Feel Tired During the Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.
With school back in session, it’s very easy to fall into a tired/sluggish mood during the day and most of the time, a nap is not an option. With only about 10-20 minutes to spare in between classes, there is only so much a person can do to make themselves more awake. Listed below are a few great ways to achieve some energy in order to go through your school day!
1. Eat a Snack! 

Having small snacks to chew on all day can take your mind off of going to sleep, especially when you have a long lecture. Foods such as nuts, granola bars, fruit, yogurt and bagels are great way to keep your mind focused and aware on what is going on. 

2. Take the Stairs! 
Something as simple as exercise can give you all the energy you need; however, since you cannot go to the gym in the middle of class, taking the stairs can be a great filler. Not only do you not have to wait for a potentially slow elevator, you can also use it as your excuse to not work out later on in the day and eat some ice cream! 
3. Drink some Coffee
Sometimes a person needs something a little bit stronger to help them get through the day and coffee or any other caffeinated drink can definitely do the trick! Luckily, Ohio State has many food places that make and carry various Starbucks drinks. Listed below are some of your classmates go to drinks!

Michael – Green Tea Refresher
“It’s cold and light. Not heavy and hot.”

Katie – Peach green tea lemonade
“Nothing helps refresh you like a cold Fruity drink, or motivate you to get some homework done.”

Kaitlin B. –
“Americano, because i love espresso with a smooth finish.”

Mary K. – 
“Medium roast brewed coffee because it’s cheaper and I don’t really like the sweeter drinks.”

Brynley C. – 
“Grande blonde roast, black. [I] also love the breakfast sandwiches!”