This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Since there are only now about 160 days until the start of football season (yeah we’re a little excited), Coach Urban Meyer and the rest of the Ohio State Football team is hosting a Student Appreciation Day on Saturday April 5th at 11 AM at the Woody Hayes Facility. Coach Meyer says that it will be a chance to give the students “ownership of the program”. The day will include an open practice, intermural flag football, sprint races against the players, and the chance to be on the field and interact with the players and coaches.

This is the third year for Student Appreciation Day and it should be another great success. This year Coach Meyer has added a new activity; students in a race against the players. That should be interesting. Also, in addition to being on the field for practice and photo opportunities with players, students will be able to tour the Woody Hayes Athletic Facility. This event is free to all students with a valid Buck-I-D. This event is a great opportunity for all students to get in the spirit of football as basketball season is ending. More importantly the event is free, therefore we don’t have to pay to go see our favorite team here at OSU.

For more information check out what Coach Meyer himself has to say about the event at: http://thelantern.com/2014/03/urban-meyer-wants-reward-students-appreciation-day/

Photo Source- www.osu.edu