This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

If you are a crazy busy college student like me, finding time to go to the gym during the day can be such a struggle. Sometimes I feel like running around campus is a workout in itself. When I go to the gym and have to go to class afterwards, trying to figure out how to look (and smell) presentable is always interesting. Read on for my fool-proof tips to looking fresh and clean after the gym.

• Deodorant: This should be a no brainer for before and after, but I thought I might as well throw it out there. Applying right before you workout, I have found, eliminates the body odor smell that always accompanies a good workout.

• Always wipes: I swear by these and won’t go to the gym without them. They are perfect for balancing and eliminating that unpleasant odor that can sometimes occur down there after a rigorous and sweaty workout.
  • Body spray: Another no brainer, I think, but also worth mentioning. Although this alone won’t eliminate body odor completely, it will mask it enough to get you through a class or two if need be. My favorites are Victoria’s Secret, Adidas, and Bath and Body Works, but any of the sprays made by the same brand as your deodorant work fine, as well!

Hair is always the hardest part for me to fix. On a rare occasion I can get a good braid, twist, or bun in my hair, but when my hair doesn’t work with me, I go to these easy fixes.

• Headbands: After a workout, putting my hair back up in a ponytail can yield really greasy results. I like to use thick headbands and put them on over my hair or right along my hairline with my hair falling over it. This way, my hair can breathe and air out and I look a little less like a mess.
  • Hats: One of the easiest ways to hide gym hair. Baseball caps and beanies are always my go-to articles to hide my icky gym hair. These do tend to trap the sweat in, but it’s a small price to pay in exchange for looking fresh as a daisy.

I also keep some touch-up eyeliner and mascara and regular wipes to get some of the shine off my face. Now you know all my tricks to post-workout beauty–go and give them a shot! You won’t be disappointed.

Photo Credits: Blogger.com, Self.com, Etsy.com, Google.com

Julie is a Senior at The Ohio State University pursuing degrees in Fashion and Retail and Business. A lover of all things fashion from a young age, she loves having the chance to write the style blog for the site as well as being the chapter's President. When she is not writing, she loves singing in Ohio State's Women's Glee Club, updating her style blog, and online shopping when she should be doing homework. After graduation, Julie hopes to become a celebrity stylist or work in the fashion department of a magazine. Visit thelookinthemirror.blogspot.com for more from Julie.