When: Monday, May 14 and Wednesday, May 16, 11:30 AM to 1:18 PM.
Where: The basement of the Science and Engineering Library, Room 0060.
What: The Professional Writing Minor is hosting a panel of professional writers to come and talk about multiple careers in writing. All students are welcome to attend one or both of the days. There will be coffee and bagels provided at the event.
Topics that the professionals will discuss include but are not limited to networking, advertising, different types of professional writing, and recommendations for students. Writing is important for every collegiate in every career path and this is a great opportunity to learn more about it!
· Garth Bishop, Editor, CityScene Magazine
· Maureen Carroll, Grants and Corporate Relations Manager, Columbus Museum of Art
· Faith Oltman, Legislative Aide, Office of Ohio State Representative Clyde
· Dan Willis, Owner, First Class Events and Director, City of Columbus Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration
· Kathy Baird, Communications Consultant with special expertise in the fields of higher education and health care
· Don Nixon, Principal, Creative Spot
· Dionne Custer Edwards, Writer and Educator, School Programs, Wexner Center for the Arts
· Stephanie Waite, Major Gifts Proposals Editor, The Ohio State University Foundation