Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

OSU Features

A Buckeye Welcome for Ira Glass

By Clare Carlisle
March 1, 2014 - 5:31pm

OUAB is always bringing cool and interesting people to campus, and this week is no exception. On March 2 at 2:00 pm, Ira Glass is speaking in the Ohio Union. Glass’s work as a radio personality has made him famous. He has experienced an extremely successful career earning multiple awards including several Peabody Awards, the duPont - Columbia Award, and the Overseas Press Club Award. Glass’s show called This American Life also regularly holds the record for most downloaded podcast. READ MORE

Dr. Michael Drake is the New President of OSU

By Paige Weinstein
March 1, 2014 - 2:02am

When searching for the next president of the Ohio State University, the search committee had to find a candidate that could manage the complexities of running such a large and esteemed university. Though initially the search committee was bogged down with candidates, they ended up settling on Dr. Drake after narrowing the search down to five highly qualified candidates. READ MORE

USG Elections: Who Will Our Next President Be?

By Laura Cardi
February 28, 2014 - 3:30pm

If you’ve walked through the oval this week or even logged on to Facebook you know it’s that time of year again- undergraduate student government elections  Every year during spring semester the most ambitious students at Ohio State set out to win  votes for USG president by spamming student’s Facebook walls, stopping them as they cross the oval, and chalking the sidewalks. The undergraduates will be electing the newest batch of students to represent them for the 2014-2015 academic year next week. This year there are six candidates running for USG president; the most candidates on the ballot since 2003. READ MORE

GussStrong and Cancer Free: A Teacher's and Coach's Inspiring Story

By Steffi Ruseva
February 23, 2014 - 11:38am

READ MORE

BuckeyeThon 2014

By Aylin Ozdinc
February 21, 2014 - 4:12pm

Each year, Ohio State students come together to participate in BuckeyeThon, a 24-hour dance marathon that supports the kids at Nationwide Children’s Hospital and their families. Students are required to raise a minimum of $100 in order to participate, but are encouraged to continue raising more than the required amount. This year, participants raised $767,227.78 For The Kids, and the Ohio State Her Campus chapter helped raised $2,063 of that amount! BuckeyeThon’s mission is to raise money to help children who are treated in the Hematology, Oncology, and Bone Marrow Transplant Department at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, which is a part of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. READ MORE

InsPiRation: Looking Ahead to the Future of Public Relations

By Kayla Belcher
February 14, 2014 - 9:10pm

The Ohio State PRSSA is holding the 2014 PaRtners Conference, which will be held at the Ohio State Union on April 12th 2014 from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Registration is now open and will close on April 10th at 11:30 p.m., and is available online. The registration fee is $35 for Ohio State students; the costs include food and beverage for the day’s activities. READ MORE

Aerie's New Marketing Redefines Real Beauty

By Erin Kearns
February 13, 2014 - 3:36pm

With spring break coming up and the new Victoria Secret catalog coming out, girls' self-esteem is basically at an all-time low. We start counting calories and wondering what it will take to look like Candice Swansepol. Well, ladies, put down that lemon water because a breath of fresh air is coming from the marketing of American Eagle's lingerie brand Aerie. READ MORE

Catch Him if You Can

By Julie Bastulli
February 12, 2014 - 5:10pm

The man behind the book, movie, and now Broadway musical “Catch Me If You Can” will be making an appearance on campus on February 24th thanks to the collaboration of OUAB and the Security and Intelligence Club. READ MORE

Suicide: An emerging threat to college students

By Kyjah Coryat
February 8, 2014 - 10:17pm

As many know, a 19-year-old student at UPENN named Madison Holleran committed suicide recently. According to news sources, she decided to embark on this path due to self-induced stress.  Despite phrasing her demise this way, Madison Holleran having depression and "induced stress" shouldn't suffice as a reason to commit suicide. Madison Holleran's death sparked an outpouring of grief and astonishment. READ MORE

Super Bowl Halftime Scoop

By Hannah Herner
February 8, 2014 - 6:12pm

READ MORE