Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

OSU Features

Cee Lo Green tweets start controversy

By mcdaniel.173
September 5, 2014 - 4:31pm

Cee Lo Green temporarily deleted his twitter account after attempting to defend himself against his sexual assault charges. The controversial tweets occurred two days following Green pleading not guilty to slipping ecstasy to a woman in 2012 and sleeping with her. Greem was sentenced to three years of probation and community service for drug conviction. However, there was not a sexual assault charge because prosecutors said there was a lack of evidence. Green’s twitter has since been restored, but the following tweets have since been deleted from the singer’s account.   "When someone brakes on a home there is broken glass where is your plausible proof anyone was raped?"   "Women who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!"  ...

Kimye Wedding: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Season 9 Finale

By Laura Cardi
September 4, 2014 - 11:29pm

On May 24, 2014 America had our own Royal wedding. Yes, I am talking about the nuptials of none other than Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. Millions have watched the Kardashians become celebrities before their eyes during 9 seasons of Keeping up with the Kardashians and countless spin-offs. And this weekend we got to witness Kim’s third walk down the aisle. Well, more like Kim’s walk to the aisle, the two part season finale documented everything up to the anticipated Kimye wedding without actually showing it and we all know who’s fault that is **cough cough Kanye cough**.   READ MORE

Ohio State Cedar Point Day

By Courtney Leininger
April 27, 2014 - 8:39pm

Looking for something to do on May 9 and think you’ll already be having withdrawals from your friends at Ohio State? Come to the Ohio State Cedar Point Day! For the out of state students, Cedar Point is the place to go over the summer in Ohio. It is located in Sandusky, which is about 2 hours northwest of Columbus. Cedar Point has some of the top roller coasters in the country and has been rated the best amusement park in the world numerous times. READ MORE

Free Care Packages from Co-Ed Supply

By Rachel Fenner
April 15, 2014 - 7:08pm

Co-Ed Supply is a fresh new company based in Cincinnati, Ohio that has created the ultimate care packages for college students.  Their goal is to provide students with healthy snacks and cool new products that we would actually want.  The boxes cost $20 or $35 a month for the Classic or Deluxe boxes, respectively. The Co-Ed Supply team is sending out a few thousand FREE care packages to students this May!  Do you want to know how easy it is to get your name on the list for a free box?  You just have to like their Facebook, follow their Twitter and share the campaign.  The more you share, the higher your name will be on the list.  Check out the campaign...

An Exciting Week at Ohio State Wraps Up

By Casey Sobota
April 13, 2014 - 1:46pm

Campus always seems to be buzzing with events as the year comes to a close and the weather warms up. This week was the perfect example with OUAB events every night of the week and lots going on this weekend.   OUAB kicked off the week on Monday with the return on OUABe Glad Day. Students could take a break from class and stop by the Union to enjoy an aqua massage, eat free snacks, and participate in some stress-relieving activities.   READ MORE

Artists Making Tour Stops in Columbus

By Hannah Herner
April 11, 2014 - 8:27pm

Finally! Summer is right around the corner. Don’t have any stellar plans? Give yourself something to look forward to by snagging some concert tickets. There are some great artists touring and making stops in Columbus. Tickets are releasing now for many of the must-see concerts of the summer! Here are some of the acts making stops here in Buckeye Country in May and June of this year…   The 1975 May 5th at LC Pavillion Openers: Bad Suns and Sir Sly READ MORE

Mumps Outbreak at OSU

By Alexandra Abel
April 4, 2014 - 8:21pm

As the long winter months finally come to an end, we break out of our wool-covered cocoons and head to the bars in sandals and short sleeves.  Drinks are shared among friends and fellow students, but we must remember to keep our cups to ourselves.  Unfortunately, not everyone got the memo, which has resulted in an increase in cases of the mumps around campus.  This contagious disease is spread through saliva and there are now 95 confirmed cases reported by public health officials at Ohio State alone, 119 in the greater area of Franklin County.  READ MORE

Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour Coming to Columbus

By Elizabeth Hackett
April 4, 2014 - 5:44pm

Miley Cyrus’s widely publicized and anticipated Bangerz Tour, named after her album, which has been described by Rolling Stone as, "Hannah Montana gone Miami Vice," will make its 32nd stop in Columbus, OH on Sunday, April 13th at the Schottenstein Center. Based on reviews from previous shows, not only will there be plenty of Cyrus’ trademark tongue and twerking, but there will be many surprises from the singer, as well. Here are just some of the things you can expect from Miley Cyrus’s Bangerz Tour: Throwback Miley READ MORE

Student Appreciation Day

By Courtney Leininger
March 29, 2014 - 9:56pm

Since there are only now about 160 days until the start of football season (yeah we’re a little excited), Coach Urban Meyer and the rest of the Ohio State Football team is hosting a Student Appreciation Day on Saturday April 5th at 11 AM at the Woody Hayes Facility. Coach Meyer says that it will be a chance to give the students “ownership of the program”. The day will include an open practice, intermural flag football, sprint races against the players, and the chance to be on the field and interact with the players and coaches. READ MORE

Columbus, OH small business partners with Arianna Huffington in San Francisco, CA.

By Kaitlin Bradley
March 29, 2014 - 6:26pm

Thursday, March 27, 2014 marked a milestone for The Women’s Book, a Columbus, OH-based small business that focuses on advancing the success of women. This business launches its first San Francisco Bay Area, CA print publication at the second day of its cohost’s, the Institute for Women’s Leadership, conference. The theme for this conference is “Don’t Just Survive, Thrive--Designing a Life Beyond the Myth of Work-Life Balance,” featuring Arianna Huffington speaking about her latest book Thrive. READ MORE