Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

OSU News

Ohio State Welcomes New President

By Casey Sobota
February 8, 2014 - 6:02pm

As most students know by now, Ohio State announced the 15th President of the University, Dr. Michael Drake. He will take over Interim President Alluto’s role on June 30th. So who exactly is Dr. Drake and will he live up to our beloved former President Gee? Gee himself thinks so, saying “In Dr. Michael Drake, The Ohio State University Board of Trustees has made a brilliant choice. Dr. Drake is a world-class academic and exceptionally able and seasoned higher education leader.” READ MORE

Missing Summer? We are too!

By Paige Weinstein
February 1, 2014 - 6:40pm

READ MORE

You Are Beautiful

By Kayla Belcher
January 30, 2014 - 9:10pm

Everyone knows February is African-American History and American Heart month, but did you know it is Eating Disorder Awareness month, as well? 24 million people of all ages and genders suffer from some kind of eating disorder. An on-campus survey found that 91 percent of the women who participated where constantly dieting. Knowing illnesses like eating disorders exist is upsetting, but to see the large numbers and to realize how many people they affect is heartbreaking. When every person has a unique beauty within them, it is deeply troubling to realize not everyone sees the amazing and incredible things they have to offer just by being themselves. READ MORE

Hundreds of students turned away during annual MLK service day

By Shanique Anderson
January 23, 2014 - 1:17am

Despite the frigid cold temperatures outside, an estimated 1,200 OSU students circled inside the Ohio Union Monday Jan. 20th to commemorate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by devoting their day off to a day of community service. However, with only 800 spots available, a fourth of those waiting in line to register to volunteer were turned away. READ MORE

Orange is the New Black's Piper Kerman Comes to OSU

By Courtney Leininger, Clare Carlisle
January 18, 2014 - 10:33pm

On January 13th, Piper Kerman visited OSU and gave a presentation that left a lasting impression on many students. Shortly after graduating from Smith College, Piper began a romantic relationship with a woman. As the relationship became more serious Piper was asked to carry drug money from Chicago to Brussels. Piper followed through with the request and--shell-shocked from committing a federal crime--she ended the relationship shortly after. READ MORE

Spring Semester: What to do...besides study

By Chrislyn Koch
January 11, 2014 - 6:53pm

It’s that time of year again, collegiettes! With winter break behind us and lengthy papers and finals before us, we begin another semester, while simultaneously beginning our countdown to spring break (48 days, 34 if you only count week days! And that’s not including future snow days we may, but probably won’t have). But before you get lost in your ever-increasing piles of homework, be sure to take a second and assess what all you want to accomplish this semester!   READ MORE

Get the Low-Down on All Your Favorite Campus Cuties!

By Andi Zaferes
December 23, 2013 - 8:50am

READ MORE

Founder and Chairman of Lululemon Steps Down After Controversial Comments

By Elizabeth Hackett
December 13, 2013 - 9:17am

Chip Wilson, founder and former CEO of the popular yoga and athletic apparel company, Lululemon Athletica, has stepped down as Chairman of the Board following some controversial comments he made last month suggesting that some women do not have the right "size" or "shape" to wear Lululemon yoga pants. READ MORE

10 Ways to Enjoy the Holidays

By Rachel Fenner
December 6, 2013 - 6:04pm

1. Decorate. Decorate a lot.
You cannot be in the holiday mood without covering your entire house/apartment/dorm/bedroom in Christmas lights.   2. Eat.
Take advantage of home-cooked meals.   3. Get together with your friends from home. READ MORE

#LeaveMirrorLakeAlone: Students React to Mirror Lake Restrictions

By Danielle Reardon
December 1, 2013 - 2:11pm

Sunday, November 24: a date that will live in Ohio State infamy. On this date, unsuspecting OSU students awoke to discover that restrictions were being placed on their favorite Ohio State “non”-tradition, the Mirror Lake Jump--and they were not happy about it. READ MORE