It’s time to grab some overly buttered popcorn, kick back and relax. Already craving some new blockbusters? You’re in luck! This season should be jam-packed with superheroes, vampires and a bit of romance. Here’s a look ahead to a few of the movies hitting the big screen.
4th- THE AVENGERS
· All of your favorite superheroes in one movie! Although I am skeptical of a “too many cooks in the kitchen” scenario, this movie has definitely been one that people are talking about.
A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN
· Starring Kate Hudson, this romantic comedy looks promising. The storyline is sure to have its ups and downs, considering that Hudson’s character finds out that she is battling cancer.
11th- DARK SHADOWS
· Johnny Depp fans will be excited to hear that he is coming out with a new movie. The trailers are already infiltrating my TV! IMDB and tempting me with plot info: “An imprisoned vampire, Barnabas Collins, is set free and returns to his ancestral home, where his dysfunctional descendants are in need of his protection.” Set to be a comedy with a fantasy twist, I am sort of unsure about how it will do in the box office.
1st- SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN
· I was really excited when I initially saw this trailer. Starring Charlize Theron, Kristen Stewart, and Chris Hemsworth, this will definitely be a different twist on the classic fairytale that we all grew up with.
22nd- ANBRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER
· Based off of the hit book, this movie promises action-filled sequences profiling the “president by day[,] hunter by night.” Putting a modern day “vampire” spin on our 16th president, history will never look the same.
29th- G.I. JOE
· Starring Channing Tatum, this is a movie that I think people will see regardless of the actual storyline. This action, adventure, sci-fi movie will more than likely suck you in.
Now, after looking at this list I know what you’re thinking: action, action, and more action movies! If that’s not exactly your favorite genre, don’t worry; there are plenty of other flicks that will be showing! Although, the trend this summer is definitely to pull you into the action and, hopefully, leave you wanting more.