Mark Tareshawty, ‘15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Canfield, OH

Major: Computer Science and Engineering

HC: What is your favorite memory so far of being a Buckeye?
MT: Trying out for the Ohio State marching band.

HC: What is your current obsession?
MT: This is probably going to be the nerdiest thing of all time, but I guess developing Android applications. 

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?
MT: I’m currently in the Collegiate Web Developers group and the Open Source Club.

HC: If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
MT: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I have an obsession with peanut butter.  It’s not really healthy, but I enjoy it.

HC: Name one thing on your bucket list that you can’t wait to cross off.
MT: I’d like to run a marathon.

HC: What would be an ideal date for you?
MT: Probably going out to dinner and having a nice conversation.

HC: What is one thing that people might not know about you?
MT: I’ve been to Italy for a school trip.  I took three years of Italian so I [went for] ten days this summer.  It was pretty cool.

HC: If you could meet any person, dead or alive, who would it be?
MT: I would like to meet Linus Torvalds.  He was the creator of the Linux system.

HC: Favorite holiday tradition?
MT: I enjoy going to my grandparents’ house for Christmas.  It’s an early Christmas with my mom’s side of the family, so it’s pretty cool because I get two Christmases.

HC: Favorite childhood toy?
MT: We’ll go with the Nintendo 64.

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.