Langston Hughes ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Name: Langston Hughes
Year: Sophomore
Major: Biomedical Science
Hometown: Dublin, OH
Relationship Status: Single ;) OHH YEAHH!

HC: Describe yourself in three words.
LH: Drop dead gorgeous.

HC: If you could spend an entire day with a celebrity, who would you choose?
LH: Definitely Kevin Hart. That would actually be incredible.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?
LH: Athletic, good sense of humor, cute smile, smart and the ability to (somehow) put up with me.

HC: What is something most people don’t know about you?
LH: Everyone knows that I love playing sports and have played them my entire life. I can’t get enough of them. However, most people don’t know that, as much as I like playing sports, I really don’t like watching them. Obviously, I love going to Ohio State games, but a lot of that is just because of the amazing atmosphere. Maybe I know I’d just rather be playing than on the sidelines watching.

HC: Who is your favorite Disney princess and why?
LH: Obviously, it has to be Mulan. She took her crippled father’s place in an army in the middle of a freaking war with the coolest group of people led by a man with crazy eyebrows and a pet falcon. That took some serious courage. Also, she has some amazing theme music.

HC: What is your favorite movie?
LH: Remember the Titans is, hands down, the best movie ever made. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

HC: What is your favorite restaurant?
LH: I’m a big Max & Erma’s fan. Their BBG burger and onion rings get me every time.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
LH: I see myself in some sort of residency program after medical school, working non-stop and struggling to pay back med school loans. What a life.

HC: What is your favorite Ohio State tradition?
LH: I’d say singing Carmen Ohio after the football games. Win or lose, the entire stadium comes together and sings the alma mater, showing how united and proud everyone is to be a Buckeye. I especially like the end, when everyone sings out and gestures “O-H-I-O” with their arms.