This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

National Coffee Day has come and gone in a caffeine-crazed whirlwind of free (or darn close to it) coffee. Unfortunately, I’m not a huge fan of the bitter beverage, even if it’s being given away. So, if coffee just isn’t your cup of tea, take a chance on my top three cafes on and around campus. While they might not be giving away anything for free, they do come with deliciousness guaranteed.

First up is D’licious Cafe on High street. They have a crazy selection of chilled, refreshing milk teas and fruity green teas that are perfect for sipping on as you savor the few warm days we have left. With flavors like peach and less common ones including lychee and taro, it’s hard to get any better, unless you decide to add bobba (chewy tapioca bubbles), adding a whole new dimension to your tea experience.

Across from the Union, there’s the Crane Cafe, located inside of Hagerty Hall. Of all of the cafes on campus that I’ve been to, I’d say the Crane Cafe has the best selection of teas. I start off every morning with a piping hot cup of oolong, but the real star of the Crane Cafe is the seasonal apple cider. I’ve yet to see it at any of the other campus cafes, but hopefully that changes because the world could definitely do with more. At any rate, nothing screams fall louder than crossing campus in an oversized sweater, relishing in the warmth of this caramel drizzled, whipped cream topped delight. 

This last one is kind of far, but still one hundred percent worth the hike. Stauf’s Coffee in German Village is essentially a tea haven. What’s great about Stauf’s is that it adds a diy aspect to the tea process you never knew it needed. When you order tea, they simply give you a cup of boiling water and direct you to a wall off loose leaf teas and empty tea bags. You then have the freedom to mix and match flavors as you please, and with teas like “Ohio Thunder Chai,” “Iron Goddess of Mercy,” and “Temple of Heaven,” it’s hard to go wrong. My favorite mix: half lavender, half pomegranate white tea for the perfect blend of floral and fruity with just a touch of acidity.