books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Healthy Habits-Finals Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Finals week is finally here, the winter has gone and flowers have bloomed! However there is a deep dark cloud looming over campus created by finals. Here are some tips that will help you make it through the week with out crashing at the end and feeling like you’re dying everyday.

1.     Rely on good foods to keep you awake rather than coffee. Having a cup or two a day to help you focus wont kill you but make sure you keep your caffeine intake to the morning and early afternoon so when you want to sleep at 2 am, you can! Simple carbs are going to make you tired so skip the bagel and try and apple with peanut butter. Eat little meals more frequently than three heavy large meals.

2.     Make sure you get some sleep! While it is unrealistic to say get 9 hours of sleep before the night of your exam make sure you get at least 5. It is actually more important to get a good night sleep three and two nights before your exam. The extra sleep will stay with you and help you focus up the day of your exam.

3.     Start studying ASAP! Don’t wait until the day before to start studying. Create a rotation of studying for each class so you don’t end up zoning out for an hour. You may also feel more prepared and have less stress overall, which improves your well being.

4.     Set some time aside to exercise. Getting in some cardio or lifting weights will make getting through your life so much easier. Working out has so many benefits. If you’re worried that it is stealing time from studying think about bringing downloaded notes on a tablet or flashcards and study while on an elliptical or bike. Make sure to check out the RPAC finals week hours and fitness class schedule.

So what’s the magic mantra? Sleep. Eat. Study. Sweat. Repeat.

My name is Josie Walter. I'm a third year at THE Ohio State University! I love my buckeyes and this campus as a whole. I am in school to earn my Bachelor of Science degree in Biology with a specific course of Pre-Health. Originally I am from Wilsonville, Or just 20 minutes south of downtown Portland. (Yes, Portlandia is a realistic comparison to the city). I was however born in Las Vegas and thats where my HEART still is. With a couple jobs, trying to maintain an active lifestyle, stay on top of school work and have great friends life has flown by! I am determined to make these last couple years I have at OSU the absolute best!