This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

1. Mr. Super Spirited

As girls, it’s undeniable that getting dressed up for the game is always a must.  Accesoring ourselves in the absolute cutest red and grey attire, with our face stickers and buckeye necklaces.  But there’s always that one fan that pushes obsession.  They’re just raging with spirit and although that’s not a bad thing, the smell of their buckeye cologne can be a little too much for our liking.    

2. The Obnoxious Nuisance 

Sometimes they can’t help it, the excitement just takes over them … You’re just unfortunately the poor soul that has to be in arm’s length of their insanity.  The entire game you have to deal with their sudden impulses to yell at the top of their lungs and nearly rupture your eardrum.  They scream in octaves you didn’t even know were possible to reach and make you question the strength of the bleachers.  Be prepared, dear friends.

3. Ms. I’m So Confused 

“Wait, what’s a fumble?” “Which side are we scoring on?” “Who’s Braxton Miller?” You know, those questions you hear when you’re sitting by a girl who is completely clueness about the game of football.  Of course, you’d only only be able to hear this if for some godforsaken reason you were next to a fan from that state up North. (Because us OSU ladies know our stuff … Right?)

4. The Ultimate Pre-gamer 

You haven’t officially “pre-gamed” until you get a little crazy before an Ohio State football game.  However, I’d suggest having a limit.  If they can even make it to the game, you may find yourself standing by someone who is utterly obligerated.  They can’t even spell O-H-I-O, consistenly sneak a sip out of their flask and use your shoulder to catch their fall. But hey, what can you do? You might as well let them amuse you.   

5. The Negative Nancy

In all honesty, why did they even come to the game? They’ll sit there and drown in their sorrows while you try to cheer on our guys to the best of your ability.  Obviously the student section is not meant for them, but don’t let that ruin your fun.  Keep singing along to Seven Nation Army and show that unhappy person what being a Buckeye is about. 

Heather Clark is a sophomore at The Ohio State University pursuing degrees in Stragetic Communications and Business.  From everyday thoughts to daily inspirations, she's enjoyed writing for many years and loves being apart of HerCampus Ohio State.  Outside of writing, Heather spends her time finding a new favorite artist or obsessing over a CW Netflix series, doing yoga, and journaling her life experiences.  After graduation, Heather hopes to start her career in public relations or advertising, aspiring to one day plan events and campaigns for a company that empower young women.