This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Life of an OSU student is a bit hectic now that midterms are upon us. It can be really hard to take care of yourself during this time of year so what better way to do so than to have a spa day! Here are five great ideas that are perfect for you and your college budget!

beautylish.com

Sugar scrubs are one of my favorite things to use and they are super easy to make. To make a sugar scrub for your lips you will need:

• About a tablespoon of sugar (either white or brown)
  • A dime size amount of honey
  • A dime size amount of olive oil or coconut oil

For a more colorful look and better taste, I would recommend this website that shows an awesome way to create sugar scrub out of lip gloss, chapstick and a few other ingredients. Sugar scrub is a great way to exfoliate your lips especially if you plan on using a lip product that dries out your lips such as a liquid lipstick.

smartschoolhouse.com

It may sound really strange, but Listerine is a great way to get soft feet! Smartschoolhouse.com gives a very simple DIY foot scrub:

• Two cups of epsom salt
  • One-fourth cups of Listerine (cool mint)

babble.com

If you’re suffering from aching feet, a honey and lemon foot soak is a great way to help and designsponge.com shows you how! You’ll need:

• A one-half cup of honey
  • One to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
  • As much water as you need to submerge your feet
  • A large container or tub
  • One lemon sliced into rounds

I would recommend soaking your feet for 15 to 20 minutes, but depending on the shape of your feet, you may want to soak for less or longer.

seventeen.com 

Sadly, OSU does not have any malls that are a close walking distance. Which means no close Sephora or Ulta and CVS can only provide so much. This, however, does not mean that you have to wait until you go back home to get a facial mask. On the web, there are hundreds of articles that will help you create a mask perfect that suits your needs. One DIY that I like to stick with is a recipe that I got from Seventeen Magazine. The face mask calls for:

• one mashed banana
  • two tablespoons of heavy cream
  • one and a half tablespoons of flour and honey
  • one tablespoon of water

Mix it all together and you have a great mask that is perfect for getting soft skin, getting rid of red or blotchy skin, flakiness and dark marks!

backtoherroots.com 

For people that are obsessed with avocados, this hair mask is the one for you. It combines:

• one ripe avocado (mashed)
  • two tablespoons of olive oil
  • one or two tablespoons of honey

After you’ve put the mixture on your damp hair, I would recommend using a shower cap to keep it in place while it dries. Once it dries for thirty to forty minutes, wash it out! This mixture does wonders for people that have dry hair.

As a side note, if you have sensitive skin or hair, I would recommend that you do some research to see if the ingredients will harm or irritate your skin!