Fast Food News Roundup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Tech Savvy Wendy’s

A Wendy’s technology lab intended to test out apps for smartphones will open at the South Campus Gateway next month. They hope to finalize a program combines their pre-existing apps for ordering, payment, and special offers. Wendy’s hopes that the team of employees at the lab will be able to better facilitate this change outside of the corporate setting so the company can stay ahead of the curve.

Big Plans for Taco Bell

The people who brought you Baja Blast Mountain Dew and  the “Quesarito” have even more tricks up their sleeve. They have announced plans to institute a delivery service,which they plan to test by later this year. Taco Bell also plans to create a loyalty program and expand their catering service and breakfast menu.

Burger King “I Do’s”

Joel Burger and Ashley King of New Berlin, Illinois will be married in July. The two of them embraced the humor of their names by posing by a Burger King sign for their engagement photo and talked about having the company logo on party favors for their wedding.  After hearing of the couple, Burger King surprised them by offering to pay for their entire wedding.  In the words of the company, “Congratulations, Joel and Ashley on falling in love your way”

Photo Source

Aurora Stromberg is a Senior at The Ohio State University pursuing her Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communication and minoring in professional writing. She has been a member of her chapter of Her Campus for two years and is so excited to be this year's HCOSU campus correspondent.  She loves all thinks Tiffany Blue and loves act and sing, but wishes she didn’t have two left feet so that she could dance, too! Aurora is also a member OSU chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America at Ohio State and dreams of running her own PR and event planning business someday.