This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Don’t be like makeup-less Kate Gosselin!

With November now here, many women will begin to experience what I personally like to call GPS or “ghostly pale syndrome.” This common disease can be found in many light-skinned women. One day you look in the mirror and you have that bronze glow that we all adore, and the next day you take a glimpse of yourself and scream with fright! You can see the veins in your skin, the purple bags under your eyes and your self esteem goes from a ten to a zero is less then two seconds. Sound familiar? If so, don’t worry! I have the steps and products that will be able to cure this terrible misfortune.

Step 1: Begin by priming the face with a primer that will fill in your pores and create a smooth surface for your makeup to lie on top of. I recommend Maybelline’s “Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser” ($5.99 at Target).

Step 2: Use a concealer with your fingers to cover up acne, dark spots or under-eye bags. Make sure to choose a color one shade lighter than your natural skin tone. Nothing is worse than having a concealer that is too dark.  I love the “NYX Cosmetics Hi Definition Photo Concealer Wand” ($4.99 at Ulta).

Step 3: Using a damp sponge, blend your medium to full coverage foundation on your skin. If some concealer rubs off, no worries, just apply a bit more after you finish applying your foundation. Try the “Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge” ($5.99 at Target) and “L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup” ($6.99 at Target).

Step 4: Finish the look with a translucent setting powder, bronzer on the high points of the face (cheekbones, chin, forehead, and nose), a bit of peach blush and two coats of your favorite black mascara.

Congratulations, you have now cured GPS!

Hi everyone, my name is Brooke! Throughout my years of growing up, I have discovered that I am completely obsessed with beauty and makeup. I cannot begin to tell you how much money I have blown on mascara, blush, and eyeliner, but I can tell you that I don’t regret purchasing any of it. Some may call me a product junkie, but that’s just who I am. Makeup makes me happy. I don’t know why, it just does! Twitter&Instagram: b_sabes