Cee Lo Green tweets start controversy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Cee Lo Green temporarily deleted his twitter account after attempting to defend himself against his sexual assault charges. The controversial tweets occurred two days following Green pleading not guilty to slipping ecstasy to a woman in 2012 and sleeping with her.

Greem was sentenced to three years of probation and community service for drug conviction. However, there was not a sexual assault charge because prosecutors said there was a lack of evidence.

Green’s twitter has since been restored, but the following tweets have since been deleted from the singer’s account.

“When someone brakes on a home there is broken glass where is your plausible proof anyone was raped?”

“Women who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!”

“If someone is passed out they’re not even WITH you consciously! so WITH implies consent.”

“so if I TRIED but did NOT succeed but the person said I DID then what really happened?”

The tweets have been deleted and Green sent out apology tweets.

“Let me 1st praise god for exoneration fairness & freedom! Secondly I sincerely apologize for my comments being taken so far out of context.”

“I only intended on a healthy exchange to help heal those who love me from the pain I had already caused from this. Please forgive me as it..”

“…was your support that got me thru this to begin with. I’d never condone the harm of any women. Thank you.” 

He later tweeted, “I truly and deeply apologize for the comments attributed to me on Twitter. Those comments were idiot, untrue and not what I believe.”

After the controversy, TBS cancelled Green’s new reality show.

Photo credit: CNN.com

Aurora Stromberg is a Senior at The Ohio State University pursuing her Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communication and minoring in professional writing. She has been a member of her chapter of Her Campus for two years and is so excited to be this year's HCOSU campus correspondent.  She loves all thinks Tiffany Blue and loves act and sing, but wishes she didn’t have two left feet so that she could dance, too! Aurora is also a member OSU chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America at Ohio State and dreams of running her own PR and event planning business someday.