Cardi B’s Debut Album Is Topping Charts & Oprah’s Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Cardi B took pop culture —and music history— by storm in 2017 when her song “Bodak Yellow” topped Billboard’s Hot 100 chart, as the first solo female rapper to do so since 1998. 

2018 is shaping up to be another monumental year for the Bronx-born star.

“Invasion of Privacy,” Cardi’s debut album, dropped on April 6 and has already jumped to No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart.

The former “Love & Hip-Hop” star has captured audiences with her infectious personality, truth-spitting and catchphrases. But she’s held that attention with her rapping skills. 

“Invasion of Privacy,” for many Cardi fans, has proved that she isn’t a fluke Internet sensation. She’s armed with bars and here to stay. 

But don’t just take our word for it! In honor of her album going gold in minutes of its release, here are some celebs who can’t stop singing her praises:

Chance The Rapper, who was featured on the album’s sixth track “Best Life”, congratulated Cardi on Instagram.

Ellen showed her love in the most “Ellen” way. 

Diddy proved he was a Cardi fan sharing a video of him dancing to her songs. 

SZA, who was also featured on the album, didn’t hold back her praise. 

Cardi couldn’t help, but share her excitement for the support on her own social media.

And, finally, it’s safe to say you’ve made it once Oprah listens to your music. 

Want to keep up with Her Campus OSU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board and read our latest Tweets