Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

OSU Archives

Francophilia: James Franco, As Explained By James Franco

By Courtney Johnson
September 19, 2014 - 10:37am

Standing in line to pick up my (free, thanks OSU!) ticket to the generically-titled A Night with James Franco, held on September 15 in the Ohio Union’s Archie Griffin Grand Ballroom, I was entirely baffled and befuddled as to what the evening would entail. As far as A-list celebrities go, Franco is kind of a chameleon – Pinterest-worthy heartthrob one moment, acclaimed dramatic actor the next. One second he’s a stoner, the next minute US Weekly is telling you he’s at Yale. As far as personas go, he’s gone through as many phases as Miley. READ MORE

The Five Fans You Sit by at OSU Games

By Heather Clark
September 19, 2014 - 10:23am

1. Mr. Super Spirited As girls, it's undeniable that getting dressed up for the game is always a must.  Accesoring ourselves in the absolute cutest red and grey attire, with our face stickers and buckeye necklaces.  But there's always that one fan that pushes obsession.  They're just raging with spirit and although that's not a bad thing, the smell of their buckeye cologne can be a little too much for our liking.     2. The Obnoxious Nuisance  READ MORE

Class to Night Out: Jeans

By Julie Bastulli
September 19, 2014 - 10:19am

Do you struggle with taking your clothing from day to night? Don’t worry anymore because your Her Campus OSU style blogger is here to help.  Move aside, leggings, jeans are back and here to stay. There are so many different styles of jeans nowadays that you need a separate closet for all of them, well I do at least. These are my favorite bottoms to wear on a night out because you don’t have to worry about bending over, the wind picking them up or the endless list of ways someone could see up your skirt. I am going to show you two ways to style the most popular silhouettes to go from day to night.   READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Rachel Dorrian

By Jenn O'Neill
September 19, 2014 - 10:18am

Name: Rachel Dorrian Year: Senior Major: Psychology Minor: Education Hometown: Fredrick, Maryland Hobbies: Reading, Yoga, Working Out Rachel Dorrian is the captain of the OSU Women’s Club Hockey team. She plays Right Wing Forward and has been playing ice hockey for 10 years. Her Campus: Why did you decide to come to OSU? READ MORE

Healthy Habits: #3

By Andi Zaferes
September 19, 2014 - 10:08am

READ MORE

Fall TV Preview

By Sarah Hearon
September 19, 2014 - 9:54am

It’s time to finish up your Netflix binge-watches and get ready for some brand new episodes of television. Fall TV is slowly (but surely) creeping back into our lives, and Her Campus is breaking down the can’t-miss new shows and the returning favorites (with a little help from OSU students and celebrity tweets). READ MORE

From the Expert: Questions During a Football Game That Every Clueless Fan Wants To Ask But Won’t

By Amari Dryden
September 18, 2014 - 9:56pm

I see you at the games all decked out in your scarlet and gray.  I hear you cheering and singing Carmen Ohio.  I see you talking to your friends and struggling to upload your school-spirited selfie to Instagram, not even playing attention to the game because you have no idea what’s really happening on the field.  I’m here to help.  I am THAT girl.  As the girl who knows all the players and the plays, I boo bad calls and always say go for it on fourth and inches.  I’m such a fanatic,  I even have a favorite play! Let me help you become a fan of the game, not just the fun. Let’s first start with the basics of football. READ MORE

Paul d’Hyver de las Deses de Juillac Fernandez

By Dinu Godage
September 18, 2014 - 9:28pm

Name: Paul d’Hyver de las Deses de Juillac Fernandez Year: Sophomore Age: 20 Major: Finance Hometown: Mexico City, Mexico Relationship Status: “Single, whaddddup”   HC: Describe yourself in 3 words. PD: Competitive, charming, huggable   HC: What do you like to do in your free time? READ MORE

Must-See Girl Power Music Videos

By Hannah Herner
September 13, 2014 - 11:01am

Here at hercampus.com we are all about girl power. And I, personally, am all about music videos. So what better than to put the two things together? I give you, girl power music videos! In the past couple of months we have seen the release of some great music videos by female artists, here are a few of my most recent favorites.    READ MORE

Healthy Habits: #2

By Andi Zaferes
September 12, 2014 - 10:38am

We made it to week two, ladies! Finally beginning to find my groove amongst a new schedule and new classes, yada-yada-yada. Due to my work and class times I often find myself on campus early in the morning (aka breakfast time) and middle of the day (hello, lunch time), so I am constantly stuffing my lunchbox to the brim in order to keep myself full, focused and functioning. On the same note, though, I am often rushed for time and like to keep my meals quick, simple, but still packed with nutrients and taste. So, below, I have provided an “ode to sandwiches” because sandwiches are probably one of the most staple lunch time meals and uh, hello, they’re so TASTY and versatile. I’ve provided a few of my favorites and go-tos as well as a few links to some...