Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

OSU Archives

Campus Celebrity: Rachel Dorrian

By Jenn O'Neill
September 19, 2014 - 10:18am

Name: Rachel Dorrian Year: Senior Major: Psychology Minor: Education Hometown: Fredrick, Maryland Hobbies: Reading, Yoga, Working Out Rachel Dorrian is the captain of the OSU Women’s Club Hockey team. She plays Right Wing Forward and has been playing ice hockey for 10 years. Her Campus: Why did you decide to come to OSU? READ MORE

Healthy Habits: #3

By Andi Zaferes
September 19, 2014 - 10:08am

READ MORE

Fall TV Preview

By Sarah Hearon
September 19, 2014 - 9:54am

It’s time to finish up your Netflix binge-watches and get ready for some brand new episodes of television. Fall TV is slowly (but surely) creeping back into our lives, and Her Campus is breaking down the can’t-miss new shows and the returning favorites (with a little help from OSU students and celebrity tweets). READ MORE

From the Expert: Questions During a Football Game That Every Clueless Fan Wants To Ask But Won’t

By Amari Dryden
September 18, 2014 - 9:56pm

I see you at the games all decked out in your scarlet and gray.  I hear you cheering and singing Carmen Ohio.  I see you talking to your friends and struggling to upload your school-spirited selfie to Instagram, not even playing attention to the game because you have no idea what’s really happening on the field.  I’m here to help.  I am THAT girl.  As the girl who knows all the players and the plays, I boo bad calls and always say go for it on fourth and inches.  I’m such a fanatic,  I even have a favorite play! Let me help you become a fan of the game, not just the fun. Let’s first start with the basics of football. READ MORE

Paul d’Hyver de las Deses de Juillac Fernandez

By Dinu Godage
September 18, 2014 - 9:28pm

Name: Paul d’Hyver de las Deses de Juillac Fernandez Year: Sophomore Age: 20 Major: Finance Hometown: Mexico City, Mexico Relationship Status: “Single, whaddddup”   HC: Describe yourself in 3 words. PD: Competitive, charming, huggable   HC: What do you like to do in your free time? READ MORE

Must-See Girl Power Music Videos

By Hannah Herner
September 13, 2014 - 11:01am

Here at hercampus.com we are all about girl power. And I, personally, am all about music videos. So what better than to put the two things together? I give you, girl power music videos! In the past couple of months we have seen the release of some great music videos by female artists, here are a few of my most recent favorites.    READ MORE

Healthy Habits: #2

By Andi Zaferes
September 12, 2014 - 10:38am

We made it to week two, ladies! Finally beginning to find my groove amongst a new schedule and new classes, yada-yada-yada. Due to my work and class times I often find myself on campus early in the morning (aka breakfast time) and middle of the day (hello, lunch time), so I am constantly stuffing my lunchbox to the brim in order to keep myself full, focused and functioning. On the same note, though, I am often rushed for time and like to keep my meals quick, simple, but still packed with nutrients and taste. So, below, I have provided an “ode to sandwiches” because sandwiches are probably one of the most staple lunch time meals and uh, hello, they’re so TASTY and versatile. I’ve provided a few of my favorites and go-tos as well as a few links to some...

America’s Reaction to Publicized Domestic Violence

By Kaitlin Bradley
September 12, 2014 - 10:29am

Social media has been abuzz as video evidence emerged this week of the night Baltimore Ravens’ running back Ray Rice assaulted his now wife Janay in an Atlantic City casino elevator on February 15. Originally, when the incident was reported, the NFL only issued a two-game suspension to the player, but this tape has caused a controversial range of opinions amongst the NFL, the fans, and any American with access to internet or cable television. READ MORE

Mourning the Loss of Joan Rivers

By Adriane Swetland
September 12, 2014 - 10:19am

WHY Joan Rivers WHY?!  If any of you are as into fashion and love the habit of passing judgment on those poor helpless fashion victims as much as I do, you guys can relate to the feeling of loss that came when the world heard the news of Joan Rivers’ passing.  Joan Rivers was a comedian, producer, a T.V. corresponden, Television Host of Fashion Police on E! and so much more.  Rivers went into cardiac arrest on the operating table, during a throat procedure on Thursday, August 28, 2014 at an outpatient clinic. She was then rushed to Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, New York. The comedic star was then put onto life support and died a week later on Thursday, September 4, 2014 at the age of 81. READ...

Coping With an OSU Loss

By Rachel Fenner
September 12, 2014 - 10:07am

As Buckeyes, we aren't used to losing.  So Saturday night was rough, to say the least.  Nothing kills the party like a sad rendition of 'Carmen Ohio'.   I'm not going to go into detail about the game and analyze every player's move.  I like to watch football - don't get me wrong, but let's just say I can't hold a legitimate conversation about the players and Urban's coaching strategies.  But, I do know one thing.  We were not prepared.  Neither the team nor the fans. READ MORE