Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

OSU Archives

Weekly Wellness: Week #9

By Andi Zaferes
April 12, 2014 - 9:42am

Hello, ladies! I hope this day finds you very, very well, but if not, scroll on down for some yummy meal ideas and sweaty workouts to help get that pep back in your step! For this Weekly Wellness I wanted to focus on the overly-reiterated, but incredibly important and true statement that healthy living does not have to be boring, difficult, or time-consuming! This week the meals I am featuring are SO easy to whip up, contain few ingredients, lots of healthy fuel, and are super delicious! I also included easy workout ideas and one super-sweaty circuit type workout for when you're short on time! -EATIN'- READ MORE

Vicki Fetterman: Bleeding Scarlet and Gray from PA

By Lauren English
April 12, 2014 - 9:38am

Name: Vicki Fetterman
Year:  Junior
Major:  Psychology with Minors in HDFS and Disability Studies
Hometown: Murrysville, PA
Hobbies: Subtly trying to steal strangers dogs on the oval   HC: How has being an out-of-state student affected you? READ MORE

OSU Cedar Point Day!

By barezinsky.2
April 11, 2014 - 8:34pm

Ohio State provides several opportunities to try new experiences and to go to new places.  One of the many traditions Ohio State has is Cedar Point Day!  Enjoy a day in the sun by Lake Erie while riding the best roller coasters Ohio has to offer!  This event will be held on May 9th from 11:00am-9:00pm and student tickets (up to 10 tickets per BuckID) are available NOW but only while supplies last.  This is a private event, so it is a exclusively for Ohio State students... how cool is that!?  Stop by the Union to get your Cedar Point tickets and create lasting memories!  If you have any questions about your tickets contact Cedar Point at (419) 627-2213.  Hope to see you there!...

What are you most excited for this summer?

By Sydney Gale

OUAB Presents: Joel McHale

By Rachel Fenner
April 11, 2014 - 8:32pm

Actor, comedian, and TV host, Joel McHale will be stopping by Ohio State on Monday, April 14 to bring us some laughs before we head into the dark week of finals.  McHale is well known for being the host of The Soup and is the star of the sitcom Community.  Tickets are available at the Ohio Union Information Center - 1 free ticket per BuckID! READ MORE

Booties: The shoe for every look and season!

By Sydney Smith
April 11, 2014 - 8:29pm

This shoe trend is one that transcends to every season! Booties can look cute with jeans, shorts, skirts, or dresses! They’re the most trendy all season shoe. They come in all types from peep toe, lace up, wedges and full coverage. They’re a huge trend we’re hoping stays for a while, here are 4 different ways to wear them and a few of our favorites!   With Jeans: Booties are a great way to change up your shoe look from the typical riding boot look. They also give you a little bit of height and make your legs look even better!  READ MORE

Artists Making Tour Stops in Columbus

By Hannah Herner
April 11, 2014 - 8:27pm

Finally! Summer is right around the corner. Don’t have any stellar plans? Give yourself something to look forward to by snagging some concert tickets. There are some great artists touring and making stops in Columbus. Tickets are releasing now for many of the must-see concerts of the summer! Here are some of the acts making stops here in Buckeye Country in May and June of this year…   The 1975 May 5th at LC Pavillion Openers: Bad Suns and Sir Sly READ MORE

Adam Wurman '17

By Marissa G. Berggrun
April 9, 2014 - 10:53pm

Name: Adam Wurman   Year: Freshman Hometown: Syosset, New York Major: Accounting Relationship Status: It's complicated   HC: Describe yourself in three words.   AW: Confident, weird and suave.   HC: What is your favorite part about being a Buckeye?                                                             READ MORE

How are you finishing out the semester?

By Natalie Gabrenya

Mumps Outbreak at OSU

By Alexandra Abel
April 4, 2014 - 8:21pm

As the long winter months finally come to an end, we break out of our wool-covered cocoons and head to the bars in sandals and short sleeves.  Drinks are shared among friends and fellow students, but we must remember to keep our cups to ourselves.  Unfortunately, not everyone got the memo, which has resulted in an increase in cases of the mumps around campus.  This contagious disease is spread through saliva and there are now 95 confirmed cases reported by public health officials at Ohio State alone, 119 in the greater area of Franklin County.  READ MORE