Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

OSU Archives

OUAB Karaoke Night: 2000s Theme

By Megan Buskirk
March 29, 2014 - 6:18pm

The Ohio Union Activities Board, OUAB, is hosting its final karaoke night of the semester on April 8th! Head over to Woody's Tavern inside the Ohio Union to partake in 2000s-themed karaoke, and enjoy free food, prizes, and games while you're there, too! What better way to celebrate the end of the school year than by belting your heart out to your favorite songs? Keep in mind: This event is open to OSU Columbus campus students with a valid Buck ID only.       Photo courtesy of http://www.curlysdecaturil.com/curlys-and-karaoke.html  READ MORE

The Nine Girls You Drink with in College, as Told by "Bridesmaids"

By Aurora Stromberg
March 29, 2014 - 6:16pm

The One Who is "Way Too Sober for This": The Depressed One: The One Who Always Makes Stupid Decisions: 
  The One Who Pregamed Way Too Hard: READ MORE

Ashley Yvonne Rambacher: The Traveling and Crocheting RA

By Sarah Hearon
March 29, 2014 - 6:12pm

This week, Her Campus OSU had the pleasure of talking to Ashley Yvonne Rambacher about her recent service trip to Guatemala City. Ashley spent weeks leading up to the spring break trip crocheting scarves and headbands to raise money for the trip.  Name: Ashley Yvonne Rambacher
Hometown: Miamisburg, OH
Hobbies: Singing, talking, crocheting, painting, running 
Major: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages 
Minor: Spanish 
Year: 3rd year READ MORE

Keith Stock '14

By Mackenzie Cline
March 29, 2014 - 12:25am

Name: Keith Stock
Year: Senior
Hometown: Upper Arlington
Major: Strategic Communications
Relationship Status: Single HC: Tell us about yourself in three words.
KS: According to my resume, they are outgoing, personable and ambitious. HC: Who is your celebrity crush?
KS: Karlie Kloss! It was love at first sight. READ MORE

Dear Reader: What You Do Matters

By Sarah Hearon
March 22, 2014 - 9:30pm

At 19 years old, I've heard the words "depressed," "eating disorder" and  "self-harm" more than I ever thought I would in my entire lifetime. Sometimes they're misused, and sometimes they're describing classmates, family, friends or someone in the news. It's an unsettling feeling, and I just wanted to take the time to a remind my fellow students that you're worth it. Life is a gift and what you do with your life matters. It matters to your family, friends, teachers, classmates and it matters to me.  READ MORE

Weekly Wellness: Week #7

By Andi Zaferes
March 22, 2014 - 9:21pm

Welcome back, ladies! After a week off (and in my case, that means OFF from fitness and healthy living), it was definitely no easy task getting back to the gym and my normal practices of food-prepping and vegetable-steaming. I’m trying to implement the “no excuses” mantra back into my lifestyle, though, as a sort of push to get myself back to “normal.” After a few days back into a normal schedule, though, it feels good to have vegetables back into my diet and some exercise squeezed into my schedule. Without further ado here are some of my most recent eats and exercises! EATS: In honor of St. Patricks Day on Monday (and the serious need for nutrients back into my diet), I whipped up this DELICIOUS, albeit not the most appealing to the eye, smoothie....

Kimono Season

By Aylin Ozdinc
March 22, 2014 - 9:05pm

If you haven’t heard about kimonos yet, it’s about time you did. Whether girls around you are wearing them, stores are selling them, or your favorite Pinterest pages keep pinning them, you are bound to come across this new trend. After reading this article, you will most likely find yourself making a trip to your local mall to purchase a kimono. Once you buy one, you will want more. So, be prepared to spend some money on kimonos during the upcoming season. A girl can never have too many kimonos, or clothes in general. Not only are kimonos cute, but they are also affordable. You can find them at Forever 21 for around $20, which is an awesome deal, and they can be found in many different patterns and colors. READ MORE...

Five Cities You Should Really Consider Adding to Your Travel Bucket List

By Steffi Ruseva
March 22, 2014 - 9:01pm

As I peered up and glanced at the large and luminous airport monitors, dreading leaving Florida after spring break, I noticed the vast amount of cities that people travel to -- that I could travel to. After this, I began thinking about all of the places I want to explore and after some research, these top five places are a must if you want travel and adventure! As college students, we might not exactly have the funds for these trips, but the least we can do is make some additions to our bucket lists. READ MORE

Release of Scarlette's Spring Issue

By Chrislyn Koch
March 22, 2014 - 8:39pm

Fashion-savvy individuals on campus may be aware of the stylish student org on campus known as Scarlette. This group of students is OSU's first fashion magazine on campus, which they produce biannually, and this week, expect the spring issue to be released (tentatively Thursday the 20th of March)! From their website, readers learn that this organization's mission is "to showcase campus individuality and beauty, presenting new ideas and exciting photography both to the Ohio State University campus and to the world. Internally, [their] goal is to educate involved students on how publications are run and content is generated, offering them real world experience in many fields." READ MORE

Werk-It Out

By Julie Bastulli
March 22, 2014 - 8:33pm

Looking to switch up your daily workout? Ever wanted to learn how to twerk like Miley Cyrus? If so, look no further than “Werk-It,” the new dance fitness class sweeping campus. Seen last month on the stage at Buckeyethon, this class has been making moves in diversifying group fitness. I sat down with the creator of the class, Aaron Michael Lopez, a graduate student here at Ohio State, to see what makes this class “werk” so well. READ MORE