Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

OSU Archives

Ohio State University Spring 2014 Commencement

By Kaitlin Bradley
April 27, 2014 - 8:37pm

Congratulations to our 2014 graduating seniors! You did it! Spring commencement will be held at the Ohio Stadium, 411 Woody Hayes Drive at 12:00 p.m. Graduates are to arrive on campus by 10:30 a.m. The commencement speaker for this year's ceremony is Chris Matthews, the host of Hardball on MSNBC.  READ MORE

Carry It All

By Julie Bastulli
April 27, 2014 - 8:35pm

Looking to downgrade from your backpack now that school has ended? Not sure what kind of bag to invest in to carry everything you could ever need? Well look no further then the tote bags that are stealing the scene this spring. Now, I know what you may be thinking, but no, these are not the hobo bags that used to be seen everywhere in the past. These totes have more structure and are more easily carried than the older styles we used to use.      READ MORE

Ben Schottenstein '16

By Sydney Smith
April 17, 2014 - 5:33pm

Name: Ben Schottenstein Year: Sophomore Hometown: New Albany, OH Relationship Status: Alone   HC: Tell us about yourself in three words BS: Hard working, alpha male, jackhammer, merciless, insatiable - couldn't choose just three   HC: What do you hope to do after college? BS: I would like to be a Mechanical engineer and design medical devices. I would also like to travel a lot before I’m too much of an adult. READ MORE

Amanda Stefanik, Networking Her Way to the Top

By Julie Bastulli
April 17, 2014 - 2:37pm

Name: Amanda Stefanik
Year: Sophomore
Major: Journalism and Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish
Hobbies: Singing, crafting, traveling, working out, and cooking and baking   READ MORE

Spring 2014 Reading Day

By Casey Sobota
April 17, 2014 - 1:55am

Tuesday, April 22nd will be the Spring 2014 Reading Day. The Office of Student Life has prepared a lineup of events to help students unwind, take a break from studying, and prepare for finals. Here's a sneak peak of what to expect:  READ MORE

Finals Week, As Told by "Frozen"

By Sarah Hearon
April 16, 2014 - 4:27pm

The end of the semester is rapidly approaching, and that can only mean one thing: final exams. Throughout the next stressful week (or two) of exams, remember that the ups and downs you're experiencing are totally normal and the everyone else is thinking the same things as you- even the characters in "Frozen!"  1. Finding a comfortable spot to study is impossible: 2. I'm allowed to eat whatever I want, it's finals week:  3. If I take a 20 minute nap, I'll wake up and feel refreshed and ready to study: READ MORE

Free Care Packages from Co-Ed Supply

By Rachel Fenner
April 15, 2014 - 7:08pm

Co-Ed Supply is a fresh new company based in Cincinnati, Ohio that has created the ultimate care packages for college students.  Their goal is to provide students with healthy snacks and cool new products that we would actually want.  The boxes cost $20 or $35 a month for the Classic or Deluxe boxes, respectively. The Co-Ed Supply team is sending out a few thousand FREE care packages to students this May!  Do you want to know how easy it is to get your name on the list for a free box?  You just have to like their Facebook, follow their Twitter and share the campaign.  The more you share, the higher your name will be on the list.  Check out the campaign...

An Exciting Week at Ohio State Wraps Up

By Casey Sobota
April 13, 2014 - 1:46pm

Campus always seems to be buzzing with events as the year comes to a close and the weather warms up. This week was the perfect example with OUAB events every night of the week and lots going on this weekend.   OUAB kicked off the week on Monday with the return on OUABe Glad Day. Students could take a break from class and stop by the Union to enjoy an aqua massage, eat free snacks, and participate in some stress-relieving activities.   READ MORE

Weekly Wellness: Week #9

By Andi Zaferes
April 12, 2014 - 9:42am

Hello, ladies! I hope this day finds you very, very well, but if not, scroll on down for some yummy meal ideas and sweaty workouts to help get that pep back in your step! For this Weekly Wellness I wanted to focus on the overly-reiterated, but incredibly important and true statement that healthy living does not have to be boring, difficult, or time-consuming! This week the meals I am featuring are SO easy to whip up, contain few ingredients, lots of healthy fuel, and are super delicious! I also included easy workout ideas and one super-sweaty circuit type workout for when you're short on time! -EATIN'- READ MORE

Vicki Fetterman: Bleeding Scarlet and Gray from PA

By Lauren English
April 12, 2014 - 9:38am

Name: Vicki Fetterman
Year:  Junior
Major:  Psychology with Minors in HDFS and Disability Studies
Hometown: Murrysville, PA
Hobbies: Subtly trying to steal strangers dogs on the oval   HC: How has being an out-of-state student affected you? READ MORE