Alex Campbell, ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Name:  Alex Campbell 
Year:  Senior
Major:  City and Regional Planning
Hometown:  Toledo, Ohio

HC:  What do you like most about being a Buckeye?
AC:  It’s gotta be the community, hands down.  I love just walking through campus and seeing everyone interact with one another.  Being a Buckeye is being in an exclusive, close-knit community, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

HC:  What’s your favorite OSU tradition?
AC:  Mirror Lake Jump, for sure.  There’s so many awesome things going on around campus all week and to cap it all off with jumping in Mirror Lake to make sure the Bucks beat that team up north is an experience I’ll never forget.

HC:  What do you do in your free time?
AC:  I like to keep a good balance between being active and not.  I love hitting the RPAC or tossing around the football, but the nerd in me loves to spend some quality time with my Xbox, too.

HC:  What do you find most attractive about girls?
AC:  Well, looks are obviously important, but honestly, I think personality can be the most attractive thing in a girl.  If I can’t hold a conversation with you and we can’t make each other laugh, it doesn’t matter how good you look, we’re not gonna work out.

HC:  What do you think is your best physical feature?
AC:  I’d have to say my eyes.  They kinda shift colors from light blue to hazel, depending on the day.

HC:  What is your ideal first date?
AC:  It’d probably be something simple, like a picnic on The Oval.  It’s important to me to make sure that we can hold a conversation and have a good time together, so what better place than the nicest spot on campus?  

HC:  If you could have any super power, what would it be?
AC:  I think I’d pick the ability to not sleep.  I could get so much more time to travel, learn, and socialize without having to worry about how tired I’d be the next day.

HC:  Boxers or briefs?
AC:  Both, for sure.  The boxers are great when you’re just going about your normal day, but when you get active, you gotta switch to boxer briefs.  It’s all about the support.

HC:  What’s the last movie that made you cry?
AC:  The Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith.  The scene that got me was when he locked himself in the subway bathroom just to give his son a safe place to sleep.  Sad, sad stuff.

HC:  What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl?
AC:  Well, in high school I set up this whole elaborate plan to get this girl flowers, candy, and movie tickets to surprise her and ask her out for Valentine’s Day.  I even had the teacher of the class in on it to take a break in class for me to come in with all the stuff and ask her.  Well, she said no, threw away the flowers, ate the candy, and took another guy to the movie.  Girls suck.

HC:  Name one fun fact about yourself that no one else knows.
AC:  I’m a shower-singing star.  Well, maybe my roommates know this haha … I’m an equal opportunity singer; from Rolling in the Deep with Adele to Crew Love with my main man Drake.

HC:  Chocolates or roses?
AC:  Probably a combo.  A lot of girls love both, so I feel like if you want to make them really happy or surprise them, spending a little more for both can go a long way.

HC:  What’s your most embarrassing story?
AC:  My first week in the dorms, I brought home some General Tso’s chicken from North Commons and didn’t see a girl sitting on the floor.  I tripped over her and sent General Tso and rice all over her and her friends.  Luckily, they were nice enough to laugh it off.

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.