This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Netflix can be tempting when finals are looming, but study hard so that you can reward yourself with some binge-watching once they’re over! Here are five recommendations once you ace your exams and are ready to relax. 

1. Queer Eye

This reboot of the original Bravo series Queer Eye for the Straight Guy truly lives up to the Twitter hype. Featuring the fab five: Bobby, Karamo, Antoni, Jonathon and Tan, this show aims to help men gain confidence and happiness through makeovers in all aspects of their life. Each of the fab five are experts in their fields, and they work together to transform the subject of each episode into someone their friends and family can be proud of. This series made me feel so cozy and warm, and by the end of each episode I was tearing up right along with the rest of the fab five. Right now, only one season is out, but season two was just confirmed!

2. Black Mirror

Each episode of Black Mirror is a different story, most of which are meant to be stories of technological advances gone wrong in the not-so-distant future. One thing I like about this show is that you can watch any episode at any time, and you’ll always know the context, since every episode is completely different from the next (my personal favorite is White Bear in Season 2). In the later seasons, you’ll see small Easter eggs from earlier seasons, particularly in Black Museum in Season Four. If you’re looking for a science fiction show with a plot that doesn’t take three hours to explain, then any episode of Black Mirror is for you.

3. The End of the F***ing World

Centered around James, a self-diagnosed teenage psychopath, and Alyssa, his girlfriend turned partner-in-crime, this series gets more and more insane as the episodes progress. With only eight episodes in the first season, it is a short but not so sweet series that is both dark but comedic in a cynical sense. If Bonnie and Clyde were teenagers with absolutely no idea what they were doing, they would probably look a lot like Alyssa and James. 

4. Nailed It

We all love a good cooking show. Picture this: The Great British Baking Show, Cupcake Wars, Chopped or even Master Chef. But, there’s one catch. All of the contestants are TERRIBLE at baking. Like, salt instead of sugar terrible. The judges literally decide who wins based on who sucked least. I could truly picture myself in a competition like this, because all the contestants can only laugh at themselves when revealing their creations, and show has a relaxed vibe that most other cooking shows don’t even try to achieve. Nailed It really nails the reality of most of the general public when they’re baking, and it is such a fun show to watch because of how relatable it is. 

5. A Series of Unfortunate Events

This original Netflix series is based off of the series of children’s novels by the same name, and stars Neil Patrick Harris as the villain, Count Olaf. Despite being absurdly unfortunate and sad for the orphans the show focuses on, A Series of Unfortunate Events offers a take on the novels that even adults can enjoy, with Patrick Warburton narrating as Lemony Snicket. Each book in the series takes up two episodes of the Netflix adaptation, and while it can be enjoyed by those who have read the books, I enjoyed it even more hearing the story for the first time. Don’t get too emotionally attached to any side character however, because you may just find that they meet an untimely demise in the most unfortunate of ways. 

As an avid Netflix watcher, I spent many nights that I should have been studying watching all of these. Don’t make the same mistake I have and sacrifice exams for Netflix, but save them for after finals and have a great summer relaxing with no worries!

Want to keep up with Her Campus OSU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board and read our latest Tweets

Jordyn studies Natural Resource Management at Ohio State and is passionate about the conservation of wildlife and the environment. She enjoys fashion, beauty, and writing. Follow her on Twitter @JordynShoff.