4 Things I Learned in The First 4 Weeks of College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

It’s hard to believe it has nearly been a month since we all set foot on OSU’s campus!  Here are the first things that stood out to me in these past 4 weeks.

1.  Comfortable shoes are so important.  Trust me even if those cute fall booties only have a 2 inch heel, your feet will hate you by the end of the day.  If you want to find some cute alternatives check out these shoes that will get you across campus with no blisters or bruises!

2.  FOMO is so real!  What is so great about a college campus is that there are events happening 24/7, but at the same time this means you will definitley miss out on a really fun activity.  This can drive you crazy but just remember that you’ll have to get your homework done at some point and no one wants to write a 5 page paper at 3am.

3.  It’s fair to say that almost every college student experiences some level of anxiety.  From giant lectures, pop quizzes, and living in a tiny room… it’s not shocking that this is the case.  My suggestion is to plan downtime each day, whether it’s watching Netflix, listening to a podcast, or working out, it’s important to manage your stress levels.  And remember there are plenty of resources available to students to help out with anything you need, don’t be afraid to ask!

4. Don’t take yourself too seriously.  College is a place to reinvent yourself after being stuck in highschool (where everyone knew everyone’s mom’s sister’s buisness). Explore and discover new clubs, friends, and don’t be afraid to try new things.  At the end of your four years you should not only have a degree but memories that you’ll cherish forever.

Hi, I’m Sophie, but people usually call me Soph. I am a first year at the Ohio State University. I’m really interested in news reporting and using sites like HerCampus to spread information to other curious people. I am passionate about old architecture, mysteries, feminism, and learning about the world. You can follow me on instagram and twitter @sophie_viola_ Lots of Love