This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Do you want to change up your look some in this new year? Try these styles! 

1. Fringe is definitely a trend that will continue to emerge in 2018, and it adds a feminine feeling to any outfit. My preference is to pair this style with more basic pieces in order to really showcase the fringe. I’m loving these fringe jeans from Anthropologie. 

2. Fur coats have definitely been present in 2017, and as long as it is cold in 2018, we will still be wearing them. There is no better feeling than being warm and looking fashionable for your night out on the town. This fur coat from Forever 21 is affordable and will have heads turning your way. 

3.  Pearls used to be something we associated with our grandmas, but the times are changing. Pearls are a chic way to add something extra to your pieces. I’ve been falling in love with jeans with pearls sewn into them, like these from Zara. 

4. Shine isn’t just for New Year’s Eve anymore! It’s been on the runway and making its way into a lot of different retailers. It adds a fun aspect to any outfit, and you’ll be sure to stand out. Check out this shine wrap top from Urban Outfitters for a way to incorporate this look into your outfit. 

I am a junior at The Ohio State University studying Marketing and English. I have 2 cats which I love more than anything, and I enjoy shopping, traveling, and watching Tasty videos on Facebook (which I can do for hours... it's kind of a problem).