Ways to Revamp Your Fall Wardrobe on a College Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Fall is officially here, which means a lot of new fashion trends are emerging all over campus. Shopping on a budget doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your style. Here are some hotspots nearby campus to score some inexpensive (yet cute) clothes!

First and foremost, allow me to introduce you to the glorious Buffalo Exchange. Located in Eugene on 131 East 5th Avenue (between Oak and Pearl), this is the Holy Grail for new and recycled fashion. Here you will find all sorts of unique clothing items ranging from skirts to shoes to trendy bags. What’s even more satisfying is that Buffalo will pay you for your gently used clothes! You can easily discover originally pricey clothes that are noticeably marked down. Happy shopping!

The Nordstrom Rack in Oakway Center, Eugene has been talked about non-stop since the big news. However, take what is offered here with a grain of salt. While you may snag a few high-end staple pieces for your closet, don’t expect to find massive discounts throughout the store. Perhaps heading towards the clearance section first will do you some good. Nonetheless, The Rack delivers the latest and most irresistible styles for fall.

Next, T.J.Maxx deserves to be on every girl’s shopping list. Conveniently located across the street from Nordstrom Rack, these awesome markdowns will have your head spinning. If your sights are set on the perfect pair of yoga pants but you don’t want to spend the cash, never fear! Some of the best brands (and yes, even Nike) send T.J.Maxx their unsold items to be sold at a large fraction of the original price. Therefore you snag a deal without breaking your bank! 

Ah, Goodwill, how we adore you. Whether you’re searching for a handful of cheap shirts or that last essential factor for your Halloween costume, Goodwill has your back. These stores are completely donation based, so you truly never know what you might find. On a college budget, their extremely low prices will make you smile. The nearest location is 435 East Broadway, with several other spots throughout Eugene.

Lastly, there is nothing quite like a little DIY victory. (No need to bust your wallet for a fashion-forward look!) Once you’ve found that perfect denim jacket or pair of high wasted shorts for cheap, you can always give them a bit of a makeover. There are tons of tutorials online to teach you exactly how to bleach or fringe your clothes. YouTube gurus like “AndreasChoice” show you just how it’s done, not to mention the process is practically dirt-cheap.

Photo Credit: Fashionista Trends

Hi, my name is Claire! I'm a sophomore at UO, and loving every minute of it! I enjoy photography, dance, and travelling to new places around the world.