This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! In case you need some inspiration, here’s a list of a few ideas for you and your special someone to do to celebrate!

1. Skip The Restaurants

Yes, it’s a classic Valentine’s Day date idea, but hear me out… last year, my boyfriend and I went to a restaurant for Valentine’s Day and we had an awful experience. The restaurant was so crazy that even with a reservation, it took us forever to get seated! Plus, it felt like they were just trying to rush our meal along to get us out the door ASAP and get more couples in! Not romantic at all. Instead, try making dinner at home! Whip up your valentine’s favorite meal, and surprise them with your awesome cooking skills.

2. Celebrate on a Different Day

Valentine’s Day falls on a Tuesday this year, which means that it could be hard to spend the whole day with your significant other between classes, work, etc. Instead of limiting yourself, try and celebrate the weekend before, or find a day when the two of you have the most free time to maximize your day and possibilities to celebrate!

3. Don’t Stress about the Money

There can be a lot of pressure when it comes to Valentine’s Day, especially when it comes to the gift dilemma. What should you get your special someone? How much should you spend? Try to set a budget with your loved one, and make sure you two are on the same page! Whether it’s $10 or $100, make sure you both know your financial limit and dont put too much pressure on yourself!

4. Creative Date Ideas

For those of you who still do not know what you’re doing on the special day, and want some ideas, here are a few creative ones that are outside of the box! You and yours could: go ice skating, go dancing, do a movie night at home, or do a “second first date” where you two recreate your first date!

I hope these tips and ideas help you enjoy Valentine’s Day this year!

A current senior at UO, Catie spends most of her time stressing about post-grad plans, or procrastinating by watching HGTV shows (Fixer Upper, anyone?). A self-proclaimed caffeine and candy addict, Catie's loves include puppies and sunshine. You can find her in local coffeeshops or soaking up her last few months in Eugene. 
The official Her Campus Oregon account