Turn It Up! Music to Add to your Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Do you ever get sick of your same old go-to playlist? We all love a good song we already know the lyrics to (I’m talking to you, Taylor Swift lovers), but sometimes it’s good to mix things up and try something new.

Featuring artists from South America and Spain, I’ve put together a playlist sure to get you tapping your foot, having dance parties in the car, and maybe even signing up for a salsa class. You’re welcome! (Shout-out to Pelayo!)

Mi Cama Huele a Ti – Tito “El Bambino
“My Bed Smells of You” is the second single by reggaeton artist Tito “El Bambino.” There were two versions of this song recorded, one is a ballad and the other is more salsa-ish. It received a Latin Billboard Music Award nomination for “Hot Latin Song of the Year, Vocal Event.”

Como Tú No Hay Dos – DJ Buxxi
This song should be in every girl’s playlist. Take a listen, read the lyrics, and you’ll understand why I love this song.

Hoy Lo Siento – Zion & Lennox
Another song with a great beat, “Today I’m Sorry” is by Zion & Lennox, a group who failed to get recognition in the music business for a long time. It wasn’t until their first solo album, Motivando a la Yal, that they hit the charts and became well-known for writing about love and relationships instead of drugs and sex, a popular topic in the world of reggaeton and hip hop groups.

Dime Que Me Quieres – Luis Vazquez
“Tell Me That You Love Me” is the third most well-known song by Banda El Recodo. It’s sweet, but a little sad because … well, I’ll let you figure that out.

El Amor Que Perdimos – Prince Royce
“The Love We Lost” is another sad song, but it’s probably one we can all relate to and it’s sung so beautifully. Listen to this when you need a moment to chill out with something less upbeat.

Mi Ultima Carta – Prince Royce
Yet another sad song (I swear I didn’t plan it this way), “My Last Letter” is about a man writing a letter to his wife, who cheated on him.

Corazon Sin Cara – Prince Royce
“Heart Without a Face” has some of the best lyrics a man could write.

Pasado Pisado – Comando TiSuron
Turn this up in the car and you’ll want to go dance crazy! It’s just another one of those feel good songs.

Tus Ojos No Me Ven – Joey Montana
Give this one about a minute to get to a good beat and you’ve got another foot-tapper. “But you don’t look at me/And he only causes you pain/While I’m dying to give you my love/But no, you don’t look at me…”

Photos:
en.wikipedia.org
gotbachata.com
starpulse.com
liquidblissblog.com

– – –

Serena Piper will always consider herself a Southern belle, but for now she is a senior majoring in Magazine Journalism. Besides being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oregon, she is a freelance blogger at BookRenter.com and an intern at College Lifestyles(TM). She is an avid news reader and watcher, loves to bake yummy desserts and watch Sex and the City reruns, go shopping with friends, and indulge in True Blood. She has big travel plans for after graduation and would eventually like to work for National Geographic or a travel magazine. She wouldn’t mind one bit if her life echoed Elizabeth Gilbert’s in Eat, Pray, Love. Follow her on Twitter!

Serena Piper will always be a Southern belle at heart, but for now she is a Senior Magazine Journalism student at the University of Oregon. She is an avid news reader and watcher, loves to bake yummy desserts and watch Sex and the City reruns, has big travel plans for after graduation and would eventually like to work for National Geographic. She wouldn't mind one bit if her life echoed Elizabeth Gilbert's in Eat, Pray, Love. To find out what Serena is up to, check out her blog and follow her on Twitter